Namaste Indian Restaurant

This section is for POSITIVE RECOMMENDATIONS ONLY. If you have something bad to say about a company or individual, contact them via their facebook page. Bonus points will be awarded for recommendations which include an address and contact information.
Yogi

Namaste Indian Restaurant

Post by Yogi »

Went here last night after hearing some reviews. Located between the Almond Tree restaurant and the Brittania bar in Kato Paphos. Not your typical Indian restaurant by a long stretch, more in line with Indian street food (starters, mains, Dosa's etc), so we needed help ordering this time. Four of us went and all agreed it was the tastiest Indian food we had ever had, anywhere. Reasonable prices, very friendly staff and a great ambiance to the place. We will definitely be back and I am sure this place will grow in popularity very quickly. Can't recommend it any higher

http://namaste-indian-restaurant.business.site/
PaphosAL

Re: Namaste Indian Restaurant

Post by PaphosAL »

Sounds like the ethnic restaurants my team and I used to frequent in Muscat, Oman, when we were carrying out a huge Computer Room job at Sultan Qaboos University back in it's final build stages in 1986

They gave us our taste for genuine Indian cuisine for the rest of our lives! The main area was like a cafe, with TCNs (Third Country Nationals, mainly from India) eating cheaply with only their fingers...

For us westerners, they had a special glass-enclosed area to eat in, where we could smoke, and enjoy the luxury of a tablecloth, knives, forks, spoons, and alcohol, LOL! Wonderful food, though!

The expats in Oman termed these type of food outlets as 'Jingly restaurants' and recommended them for us to try. Glad we did, a few times over! There used to be a similar one here in Luton, next door to the Odean Cinema, catering for all our local Asians in that area. Sadly gone now. Even sadder, I never tried it, doh...

Cheers- AL :)
Gone but not forgotten...
Lofos-5

Post by Lofos-5 »

PaphosAL wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:52 pm [...} in Muscat, Oman, when we were carrying out a huge Computer Room job at Sultan Qaboos University back in it's final build stages in 1986
Muscat 1986, wow, you would not recognise the place anymore now. Still VERY beautiful but it firmly reached modern times and is no longer a sleepy forgotten place. That step into the future also meant that you would hardly find a restaurant serving beer these days either by the way - only the very upmarket ones have licenses (which is still better than most the neighbouring countries, especially one :lol: ). I did a few field season in Oman from 1992 onwards and then lived there from 2011 to 2016 - to see the change was quite staggering. Even more so in remote places like Masirah island though (where my first field work project was).

One Indian restaurant that still serves beer is called Woodlands - an institution for many years - so it might even be the same as the one you refer to - but no longer cheap and cheerful...

A.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Our Canteens in the Middle East usually have three type of food served, European, Indian and Filipino; most Expats eat the Indian food as it is so tasty and quite mild in comparison to Western Indian food. Will give Namaste a try.

Thanks

Jim
STELIOSBWFC

Post by STELIOSBWFC »

Think I will try this place when over in a month. Thanks for the info Yogi.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

There is no set menu. So every little item you order adds up the bill. We think it a tad expensive because of this. Have a look at there menu and you will see what we refer to.
All things are possible
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

Must admit, friends of ours tried it & were impressed! Will probably give it go sometime but we love Poppadoms & have never had a bad meal there in countless visits!

Shane

Ps. Not intending to high jack the thread