My Kindle Won't Switch On

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
Firefly

My Kindle Won't Switch On

Post by Firefly »

My Kindle Paperwhite is playing up, yesterday afternoon it was working perfectly, last night I couldn't switch it on. I thought it might be the battery so I charged it all morning, but even though the light is green it still won't switch on. Please has anyone else has this problem and if so, what was the solution.

Thanks

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Jimgym

Re: My Kindle Won't Switch On

Post by Jimgym »

Slide and hold switch for about a minute and that should reset it. I had same problem with mine. Fine now
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Jimgym

Thanks for the prompt reply. I missed my night time read last night, so maybe I'll be ok tonight. I'll go and try it now.

Thanks again.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Let me know how you got on. Hope it works.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Jimgym

YES thank you, read it last night thank goodness ( and you ). :D

Jackie
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Ah great! Happened to me and I panicked, thought I'd lost all my books, was away at time, but it works a treat!
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Yes I too was worried about my books, but they were all there. I wish they would warn you about these sort of problems when you buy your Kindle, and how to fix it. Did you know what to do, or was it a lucky guess ?

Jackie
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

I googled it and lots of people had the same issue. Thankfully it was easily remedied!
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Yes I could have 'Googled' it, but I knew someone on PL would know. There's always help here, one of the things I love about it. :D
Jackie