Cyprus heatwave goes up a few notches

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Cyprus heatwave goes up a few notches

Post by Paphos Life »

Inland temperatures in Cyprus will hover above 40??C inland at least until Friday with the Meteorological Department issues extending Tuesday???s Yellow Warning to at least Wednesday....

Read the article and chat about it below...
trevnhil

Re: Cyprus heatwave goes up a few notches

Post by trevnhil »

Glad we got an extra aircon unit in the bedroom
Trev..
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Lucky said also she is glad that I switched on the outdoor air-con for her as soon as I returned from a Morning trip searching for crystals in this heat... :x :x Max
jeba

Post by jeba »

cyprusmax47 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:00 pm Lucky said also she is glad that I switched on the outdoor air-con for her as soon as I returned from a Morning trip searching for crystals in this heat... :x :x Max
Doesn´t that become uncomfortably humid (humidity is already at more than 70%, at least in Larnaca)?
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

jeba wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:38 am
cyprusmax47 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:00 pm Lucky said also she is glad that I switched on the outdoor air-con for her as soon as I returned from a Morning trip searching for crystals in this heat... :x :x Max
Doesn´t that become uncomfortably humid (humidity is already at more than 70%, at least in Larnaca)?
NO, Jeba, as soon I get high humidity (> 60%) I will change the setting on BLOWING ONLY. Since weeks there is actually NO humidity in my area with temperature last night of 28 c and humidity 21% RH. Right now 9 am it is 32.8 c hot and humidity is 20% RH.

Max
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Ha ha, I see your point... The word extra was meant to mean we had had another (extra) aircon unit installed in the bungalow.. It is in the bedroom :-)
I have used it this afternoon on it's timer, just for 30mins during my siesta
Trev..
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Why so tight Trev ? I thought you have a net-metering PV system :D :D

Max
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Well how many more rooms than Lounge, dining room and bedroom can we use.. Yes we are on Net Metering and had a surplus on the last bill :-)

Incidentally, I know that individuals are comfortable at different temperatures..
What temperatures do other members set their air con units to.. I set ours (lounge and bedroom) to 26c.
Trev..
geoffreys

Post by geoffreys »

trevnhil wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:38 pm Well how many more rooms than Lounge, dining room and bedroom can we use.. Yes we are on Net Metering and had a surplus on the last bill :-)

Incidentally, I know that individuals are comfortable at different temperatures..
What temperatures do other members set their air con units to.. I set ours (lounge and bedroom) to 26c.
Comfort is a combination of humidity and temperature, and there are tables you can use to find out if it is comfortable at this temp and that humidity.
We used to have those tables in the Gulf, but I don't have any here.
We set our aircons at 23C and on "auto". In our bedroom this results in 3 litres of water "out of the back" overnight which we collect in a 5l plastic bottle. At night it is on a cheap rate tariff.
Geoff.