A Look At Cap St Georges

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Steve Matthews

Re: A Look At Cap St Georges

Post by Steve Matthews »

I've just taken a couple of pictures of the path way that the resort has built that I thought people would be interested in.

Both pictures were taken at the eastern end of the resort, from the rugged little bay that I've previously described.

The first picture is looking back towards the buildings on the resort and to Ayios Georgios, beyond. You can see Geronisos Island in the distance, on the far left.

The second picture shows the path way as it heads in the direction of Coral Bay. For the entire length of the development, the path is flat, smooth and of good quality.
WP_20170721_12_42_13_Pro.jpg
WP_20170721_12_42_13_Pro.jpg (187.42 KiB) Viewed 4022 times
WP_20170721_12_39_19_Pro.jpg
WP_20170721_12_39_19_Pro.jpg (160.84 KiB) Viewed 4022 times
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

That's wonderful to know! Thank you so much for the time and trouble you've taken to reassure us on this vital point, m8! As there were serious concerns in the early days of the CSG development plans that the coastal walking track from Corralia Bay to Agios Georgios past the Sea Caves would be totally blocked to the Hoi Polloi...

Any chance of taking a quick look at the CSG beach at night, please, pretty pleeeeeze? As regards that string of floodlights along the top of the cliff that I expressed concerns about?

Cheers- AL :)
Gone but not forgotten...
Steve Matthews

Post by Steve Matthews »

Oh yes, I forgot about that. I'll try and pop back up over the weekend to have a look..
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Many thanks, Steve- you're a diamond!

Some night time pix might not be a bad idea, if you're good at that? The coming 22/23 July weekend will be perfect for you, as it's NEW MOON, hence dark starry skies!

And lucky you, at New Moon time! Gaze up into the night sky and witness loads of Perseids meteors showering down, as Earth's orbit takes her through the trail of Comet Swift-Tuttle !!!

(Usually, a bright Moon will make most of these shooting stars invisible to the human eye...)

Cheers- AL ;)
Steve Matthews

Post by Steve Matthews »

I'm a rubbish photographer but I'll do my best :-)
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Night time, experiment with different manual exposures and times. For example, 2.8 @ 0.5sec / 1sec and so on. Just be sure to keep the camera steady, resting on top of a wall, or fixed by a handy lamp post. That way, the longish exposure will be sharp focus and not blurred.

Here's one for Dominic to try next Sunday night, 23rd July if it's a clear night. Camera, tripod, ACTION! Point camera at the North Star on 2.8 aperture. Set exposure for auto 1 hour if you can, set shutter for 10sec auto delay (so no hand shake). And away you go! You might be gob-smacked with the results afterwards...

Please share on here if successful, yes?

Cheers- AL ;)
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

It will be good practice for me, if nothing else. I have been meaning to read the manual...
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Thanks, Flossie.. Maybe the floodlights along the clifftop are on a timer switch (23:00 to 01:00 for example) to cater for the resident midnight 'skinny-dippers'?

Cheers- AL :D
Bograt

Post by Bograt »

Flossie wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:25 pm Ooh they weren't waiting for dark believe me!!
What, they weren't wearing their man(k)ini's????? Sorry, had to do it.
Bograt

Post by Bograt »

It would certainly leave an impression.
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

You girls, and your imaginations, honestly...
Bograt

Post by Bograt »

I know, I know. You can tell its a boring, rainy Sunday evening. It's just that mankinis are so...... startling!
Scotslass

Post by Scotslass »

Thank you for a great article on this resort. I would never have thought of going there, but I will now make a point to have lunch there soon. The write ups on the food all seem to be positive. (Lets hope that there are not too many mankini wearers :-) )
Scotslass

Post by Scotslass »

Thanks Flossie I will bear that in mind.