Brexit: Vote Leave chief who created £350m NHS lie on bus admits leaving EU could be 'an error'

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Royal

Re: Brexit: Vote Leave chief who created £350m NHS lie on bus admits leaving EU could be 'an error'

Post by Royal »

Jimgward wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:26 am I believe that most did get their views from the media, particularly broadcast, but also the Sun and Mail - the largest circulation papers.

Farage and Boris had most press time by far. The news also gave most coverage them.

Their lies defenitely influenced many.
...and your evidence is?

Of course, the Remoaners, meanwhile, because of their superior intellect, did not read anything that the press had to say and were/are not influenced by commentators...
Firefly

Re: Brexit: Vote Leave chief who created £350m NHS lie on bus admits leaving EU could be 'an error'

Post by Firefly »

Lloyd

I don't know where you get your information from, but I would love to know, just who these mis-led simpletons were, who it seems were so stupid that they were incapable of seeing what was happening to our country, even under their noses, on their own streets, and only voted for Brexit because two men said on T.V. that they should. Really ?

So Lloyd, name and shame, IF you can.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Lloyd

So you cannot name anyone, I thought as much.

If I wish to 'Google' something I will, but you do not need to resort to nastiness, simply because you cannot 'put your money where your mouth is' !

Once you resort to comments such as "but to save you lifting a finger", you've lost the argument. :lol:

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Royal wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:30 am
Jimgward wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:26 am I believe that most did get their views from the media, particularly broadcast, but also the Sun and Mail - the largest circulation papers.

Farage and Boris had most press time by far. The news also gave most coverage them.

Their lies defenitely influenced many.
...and your evidence is?

Of course, the Remoaners, meanwhile, because of their superior intellect, did not read anything that the press had to say and were/are not influenced by commentators...
Many of my outlaws, are Brexit voters and UKIP supporters to boot.... living in middle-England, they were convinced around immigration issues. Some, I would regard as racist or verging on.... others are simply scared over future jobs for them and their kids, but all listened to Farage and his arguments.

Now, I’d say of around 6 I’ve spoken to, 4 feel let-down. They honestly thought they’d be better off and problems with the NHS would dissipate etc. Now, even though brexit isn’t here, they have heard more of both arguments and feel angered that the rosy future may not be that way. They are particularly upset re the NHS promises.....

Many of them are based around Milton Keynes, working in distribution and manufacturing. Many of the jobs are filled by EU workers. They thought restricting that was good. they’re now concerned about keeping production up and therefore their own jobs, as it’s becoming more difficult/expensive to entice immigrant workforce. One works for CocaCola and now realises that they are where they are due to local location but that the factory can more on a whim....
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Jim

No really, they thought they would be better off, already ? for Heaven's sake can't they wait for Brexit first !

Jackie
Royal

Post by Royal »

Jimgward wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:24 pm
Many of my outlaws, are Brexit voters and UKIP supporters to boot.... Now, I’d say of around 6 I’ve spoken to, 4 feel let-down. They honestly thought they’d be better off and problems with the NHS would dissipate etc. Now, even though brexit isn’t here, they have heard more of both arguments and feel angered that the rosy future may not be that way. They are particularly upset re the NHS promises.....
Firefly wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:31 pm Jim

No really, they thought they would be better off, already ? for Heaven's sake can't they wait for Brexit first !

Jackie
As you have both acknowledged, Brexit hasn't even happened yet!

Such is the power of the anti-Brexit media in the UK and the Remoaners everywhere.
Royal

Post by Royal »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:12 am If the country is in the mess it's in with negotiations only just begun, heaven only knows where it will be in a year or two's time, especially if negotiations don't go that well.

EU economies meanwhile are powering away, something many said would never happen.
The Europhiles said that the UK would be in a mess if we didn't join the Euro. It didn't happen.

The Europhiles said that the UK would be in a mess immediately following a Brexit vote. It didn't happen.

The Europhiles said that the UK would be in a mess immediately following triggering Article 50. It didn't happen.

The Europhiles said that the UK would be in a mess immediately the negotiations started. It didn't happen.

HIC says the UK is in a mess now. He's a Europhile. Need I say more?
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

Lloyd as usual you are not answering Jackies question. Do you not read her posts properly? She asked you to name people who were taken in by the claims and you referred her to an article about Nigel Farage.
Do I have to spell it out?
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Poppy

YES you do, but don't hold your breath :lol:

Jackie
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

No you cannot Lloyd, and STILL you refuse to answer my question. :roll:

Jackie
Royal

Post by Royal »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:36 pm I think we can safely say that the people who voted for Brexit were well and truly suckered in by Farage and Johnson :lol:
Astounding arrogance!
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

Royal wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:33 pm
Happy in Cyprus wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:36 pm I think we can safely say that the people who voted for Brexit were well and truly suckered in by Farage and Johnson :lol:
Astounding arrogance!
Indeed. But what did you expect after two years of astounding anti-Brexit arrogance...?
Royal

Post by Royal »

cyprusgrump wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:40 pm
Royal wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:33 pm
Astounding arrogance!
Indeed. But what did you expect after two years of astounding anti-Brexit arrogance...?
Agreed.

Of course HIC wasn't/isn't suckered by the Remain campaign, the left wing liberal media and the luvvies. He just has a superior intellect which simply makes him... well... right.

All the time.

Every time.

Regardless.

:shock:

Naked arrogance
Last edited by Royal on Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

No Lloyd ,never mind what we can or cannot safely say,you were asked to name names of those who were taken in by Farage,Boris etc and you havn't. Oh hang on a minute perhaps you could name your son so that is one!!
Last edited by Poppy on Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
holitec

Post by holitec »

Plus, HIC could not be bothered to vote, so one must assume he would accept the result of the others who did vote.

No One was "suckered" in by any campaign, everyone voted as they saw in the best interests of the Country, no one seriously belived the bus slogan, just as no one (except students) believed in JC's promise about tuition fees, or should I say an "ambition" as later revealed.

In fact, there are many reports that some of the "remain media" views - even as recently as this week, were reported based on fiction, with just a "guess" as the factual evidence.

Give it time, it will work out.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Sad that so many have to gang up on someone I find nothing but courteous. His politics/arguments might not sit with yours, but I find the Brexit supporters/right wing supporters (seem to be the same on here) becoming more and more petty, antagonistic and personal.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

To be honest I think HiC enjoys it. He was posting a while ago that there was not enough noise from the Brexit lot. And with regards to getting personal, it was a remainer I had to sanction yesterday, not a brexiter. So the crap gets flung from both directions.

All I would say is this: people get the forums they deserve. You all make your own bed in the Politics forum, and you all lie in it. If it is too uncomfortable, there is the Politics for Moderates section. However, clearly lots of you like robust debate. :)

If somebody does think another poster has overstepped the line, then feel free to report the offending post to me. It will get looked at.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Good post Dominic, and very good points made. We all get on really.

Jackie

Jackie