Battery for Swatch

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Lofos-5

Battery for Swatch

Post by Lofos-5 »

Where can I get a battery in Paphos for a Swatch watch please?

A.
Ams

Re: Battery for Swatch

Post by Ams »

I need to change a battery on a waterproof watch (it's a diving watch, though I don't usually use it for that), so the watch needs sealing again when the battery is changed. Has anyone any ideas where to go for that? I had bought it off Amazon so can't go back to the retailer.

Thanks
Lofos-5

Post by Lofos-5 »

Hudswell wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:33 am I would imagine any shop that sells watches.....and they will fit it to.
Few years ago struggled to get it replaced here. The airport shop that sells Swatches did not have batteries and I think we eventually got it replaced in the Mall of Cyprus in Nicosia. There must be a more local solution for sure but I try to avoid taking my chances. Thx. A.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Do be careful wherever you go that the water proof seal is put back on the watch when the back goes on.
I went to a previously recommended one on CL and he could not get the watch back on... So he discarded the rubber seal and now the watch mists up..
Trev..
Ams

Post by Ams »

Yes Trev, you're right. I dug out the watch's original instructions and it looks like I have to send the watch back to the manufacturers to get the battery replaced. So no quick solution, unless I buy a cheap waterproof to keep me going till I get the other fixed - I swim a lot and need a waterproof watch.

The battery lasted 4 years so I guess I can't complain....
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

There is a Swatch shop in The Mall of Cyprus (Nicosia). See details and opening hours: http://themallofcyprus.com/store-direct ... ry/swatch/
Louise :)
Lofos-5

Post by Lofos-5 »

LouiseCastricum wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:22 pm There is a Swatch shop in The Mall of Cyprus (Nicosia). See details and opening hours: http://themallofcyprus.com/store-direct ... ry/swatch/
Thank you Louise, that's where we replaced it the last time. Still hoping for a more local solution though ;)

A.
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

[/quote]

Thank you Louise, that's where we replaced it the last time. Still hoping for a more local solution though ;)

A.
[/quote]

Maybe if you call them, you can send it by Akis Express.
Louise :)
merchant_banker

Post by merchant_banker »

There is Brietling Omega jeweller round the harbour, they send to Limassol and to Greece if necessary. Very good.

Just having a watch battery installed in a ladys Omega watch in the uk £130 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

@Lofus-5
I recommend you treat yourself to a Rolex Oyster Perpetual Submariner watch, brilliant for divers!

No battery, and will go for 10-20 years before needing an expert service, which my daughter has just had done in Tring, Herts, with the Rolex we bought her for her 21st birthday in 1988 for £1500

Today, that watch costs nearly £8K can you believe? She was well happy with the £320 price, came out looking like brand new! The last Rolex service quote she got was £530 five years ago!

As she still has all the original boxes and certificates (provenance?), I reckon she has just added to the resale value of a valuable asset that is still appreciating in value...

Cheers- AL :)
Gone but not forgotten...