Kodi fights back - As crackdown continues Kodi launches this ‘awesome’ update

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
memory man

Kodi fights back - As crackdown continues Kodi launches this ‘awesome’ update

Post by memory man »

KODI has just announced that its version 18 update, codenamed Leia, is available to download today.

READ MORE
Polemi Dave

Re: Kodi fights back - As crackdown continues Kodi launches this ‘awesome’ update

Post by Polemi Dave »

memory man wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 9:45 am KODI has just announced that its version 18 update, codenamed Leia, is available to download today.

READ MORE
Only a test version and not confirmed as stable. Many people are still on Jarvis 16.1 or earlier. I should wait till this version is fully tested and upgrade to 17.1 Krypton at this time.
Emilly1

Re: Kodi fights back - As crackdown continues Kodi launches this ‘awesome’ update

Post by Emilly1 »

Polemi Dave wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 4:35 pm
memory man wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 9:45 am KODI has just announced that its version 18 update, codenamed Leia, is available to download today.

READ MORE
Only a test version and not confirmed as stable. Many people are still on Jarvis 16.1 or earlier. I should wait till this version is fully tested and upgrade to 17.1 Krypton at this time.
Same as me I am bit confused to get it now. looking for more review based on personal experience.
rambo

Post by rambo »

I've tried several time to do download Jarvis 16.1 and more lately Krypton 17.1 to my laptop from my previous Isengard 15.2 without success. It downloads successfully but then will not open. I'm using Windows 8.1, any advice appreciated.

Paul.
rambo

Post by rambo »

Thanks for the advice Road Warrior, I did a powerful uninstall using iObit uninstaller and reloaded again but still no joy it does the install but does not give any means of opening. Just realised I said I was using Windows 8.1, it's actually 8.0. Would that make difference surely not I know some people using 7 and they have upgraded without a hitch. Very frustrating.
rambo

Post by rambo »

Thanks for your interest Road Warrior, yes I used your link, also just tried your tvaddons version link and exactly the same result, downloads fine but still no means of opening it.
rambo

Post by rambo »

Cheers Road Warrior I decided to wait for the Kodi guys to come up with a solution. In the meantime I reinstalled 15.2 Isengard which was the only one I could get to open by ticking the Run Kodi box before clicking the finish button. Unfortunately I have to go through the whole installation from the download each time as once I exit there is no other way to open it.
rambo

Post by rambo »

Thanks Road Warrior, downloaded and installed 17.3, unfortunately scrolling through add ons doesn't seem to allow actually stopping on a particular Movie or TV show in the lists, the scrolling appears uncontrollable.
rambo

Post by rambo »

In essence yes but for some reason it didn't install a direct link on the task bar so I installed a short cut to the programme on my desktop.
Emilly1

Post by Emilly1 »

How do they start worrying about the next Kodi before the latest one is even stable?
Kodi has also announced that its newest version would not be supporting Windows Vista. Source:https://www.kodivpn.co/kodi-leia-version-18/

Cheers :)
mickyt

Post by mickyt »

17.3 is stable enough for me!
memory man

Post by memory man »

Kodi crackdown sees another popular Kodi add-on shut down over legal issues

POPULAR Kodi add-on Pheonix has announced plans to shut down, reportedly due to the ongoing legal issues surrounding the platform.

READ MORE
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

Genesis has been reborn and is up and running on Kodi...
JimX

Post by JimX »

All systems use pirated programming. Pay monthly why? it is so cheap and I for one could not be arsed to pay each month.
Jim.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Hudswell mine has never gone off for any length of time since I started with Mags, if I need any service I just call Simon, he is usually there in a flash. And of course why we pay for a service locally. But then again I am not looking for free UKTV as you seem to be doing.

I have tried Android units, not for me, I never use Filmon no need with a Mag service.

Maybe you do not have a UKTV ?

And if you do not use a Mag are you just being argumentative again!! :roll:
Jim.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Granville as usual, Lloyd, he is just being argumentative, a Leopard never changes his spots, best not to waste your time replying, it is pointless.
Last edited by JimX on Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim.
OldTimer

Post by OldTimer »

Sky has been over charging for years , constantly increasing their charges , naturally now the customer if fighting back and getting the programmes cheaper Sky dont like it , If they had cut their prices to a reasonable level people would not be using Kodi and Mag boxes
Sympathy for Sky no , feel any guilt about using a Mag box no
JimX

Post by JimX »

Oh hum drivel drivel :roll: ...
Jim.
JimX

Post by JimX »

As always Granville?, do get your facts correct I give truthful answers. it is you, you just cannot help yourself live and let live.

Again we are not interested in your argumentative drivel.
Jim.
memory man

Post by memory man »

I need to visit Specsavers, as I cannot find any posts by a member called Granville. :?