NordVPN

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
chris&pam

NordVPN

Post by chris&pam »

I installed NordVPN onto my mobile yesterday and invited my wife's phone to 'join'. Seems to have downloaded OK but have some issues with it. Will get round to using the VPN with a new Fire Stick I bought back from UK but at the moment I simple want it to access my UK Bank mobile banking app (not available otherwise in Cyprus). When the VPN is connected I have been able to install the banking app and use it but it constantly drops out and I have to uninstall and then reinstall and set up again.

Any suggestions? Remember, I am a 75 year dinosaur.

Also if I decide I don't want it I can unsubscribe the VPN within 30 days and get my money back, but can't find out how to go about that!!

Any help appreciated.

Chris
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: NordVPN

Post by Dominic »

Out of curiosity why do you want to use a VPN to access your banking app? You may find that the banking app doesn't like being used with a VPN. Most people use VPNs to view location-specific content (ie you must be in a specific country) or to mask the fact that they are using a service (eg torrents etc). If your banking app detects that you are using a VPN it might get suspicious.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
J B

Post by J B »

We only holiday in Cyprus, but have accessed our UK banking apps from CY without any VPNs
J B
glang3000

Post by glang3000 »

I can't access one of my bank apps or my Drs app when in Cyprus without a VPN.

Gary