Advice on laminate floor please.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Firefly

Advice on laminate floor please.

Post by Firefly »

When we moved to our house a few years ago, the ground floor was covered in medium oak laminate floor, (apart form the kitchen). It had been damaged in a few places, where it appears that sharp objects had landed. I decided that my project for this weekend was to repair the flooring, fill the holes and stain if necessary.

Okay so far, sent for medium oak filler, turns out it's actually light oak, when dried. I had some wood stain which I used to cover the filled parts, and obtained quite a good match, the problem now is that although when you're looking down on it, it all looks good, when you look at it at a distance, you can clearly see the patches, as they are dull, compared to the rest of the floor, which has a distinct sheen to it.

Please does anyone know how I can blend in the patches?

Thanks

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
WHL

Re: Advice on laminate floor please.

Post by WHL »

Unfortunately you won't be able to match it , also in time when people walk over the filler that will crack and lift up.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Oh happy days, thank you for that.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
kansas

Post by kansas »

Maybe speak to a supplier of laminate flooring to see if they have a solution? Just a thought......
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Kansas

Good idea, thank you.