Driving licence renewal.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Chaddy

Driving licence renewal.

Post by Chaddy »

Can anyone advice please.My driving licence runs out shortly,ive had advice off the members of the board what to do ( down at the pub off course ) but they all seem to differ.
Where do i go,what documents do i need to take,being an octogenarian do i need an eye test,how long does it take etc etc.
Thanks in advance for any help.
LouiseCastricum

Re: Driving licence renewal.

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Louise :)
Les Bean

Post by Les Bean »

Downloaded application form,signed downloaded medical form, 6 month's electric bills,old licence,yellow slip all taken to citizens service centre.Got my plastic licence after a couple of weeks using the issued temporary paper one meantime.Text message advice received when plastic one available for pickup

https://cyprusdriving.net/driving-licen ... rs-of-age/
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Les Bean wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:10 am Downloaded application form,signed downloaded medical form, 6 month's electric bills,old licence,yellow slip all taken to citizens service centre.Got my plastic licence after a couple of weeks using the issued temporary paper one meantime.Text message advice received when plastic one available for pickup

Les.. re "signed downloaded medical form"... I am pretty sure that it is the Doctor who has to sign this medical form !!!
Trev..
Les Bean

Post by Les Bean »

trevnhil wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:29 am
Les Bean wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:10 am Downloaded application form,signed downloaded medical form, 6 month's electric bills,old licence,yellow slip all taken to citizens service centre.Got my plastic licence after a couple of weeks using the issued temporary paper one meantime.Text message advice received when plastic one available for pickup

Les.. re "signed downloaded medical form"... I am pretty sure that it is the Doctor who has to sign this medical form !!!
Yes,perhaps I should have said downloaded medical form signed by doctor, I thought the signed bit would obviously be by a doctor.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Chaddy wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:00 am Can anyone advice please.My driving licence runs out shortly,ive had advice off the members of the board what to do ( down at the pub off course ) but they all seem to differ.
Where do i go,what documents do i need to take,being an octogenarian do i need an eye test,how long does it take etc etc.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Our GP (Dr) has the forms at the surgery, make an appointment and go to see them for your eye and health check, if you pass the test you then take your form to the Citizens advice office or the ministry of transport office.
Though I am puzzled, if you are over 80, can you remember, haven't you done this before?
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Yes uncle D,your right of course but these days i can,t remember what i did three days ago never mind three years ago.Oh dear!
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Do make sure you know the expiry date of the licence you have now.
I assumed that mine was in August near my Birthday.. But it isn't, it expires in July. Worth checking
Trev..