Journey Towards The Blue Lagoon

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Journey Towards The Blue Lagoon

Post by Dominic »

A couple of months ago I drove to the Blue Lagoon on the Akamas, as I wanted to fly my drone. Unfortunately, the heavens opened making drone flying impossible. Well, it is possible, but the camera gets blocked by rain. So the other day I returned, on a gloriously bright sunny day. The road was a lot tougher this time. The winter rains had washed off a lot of topsoil, making the going a lot tougher.

I stopped just before the lagoon itself, for two reasons. Firstly, I wanted to film the lagoon and surrounding coast, so it made sense to start away from the lagoon itself. That way I could get more coast in. Secondly, the road ahead of me lookede badly eroded, and I was on my own. So I didn't fancy taking any chances.

Never drive out of your comfort zone. It isn't worth it. Believe me!

Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
jagwheels

Re: Journey Towards The Blue Lagoon

Post by jagwheels »

Not a journey for the feint hearted with or without a passenger plus you had to return the same way
Edge of the seat video Dominic :shock:
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Fabulous driving Dominic I would be 100% out of my comfort zone, the thought of the return journey 🫣
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I met a couple of cars coming back, but the biggest problem was some idiot who had erected a tripod in the middle of the road and was taking pictures.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.