Fire Grate

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Oakland

Fire Grate

Post by Oakland »

Hi Guys

We have a log Burner and the Fire Grate has , for want of a better description melted away .

We went to the usual places to try and get one , but to no avail .

One shop told us , many people have them made , so my question is , have any of you had a Fire Grate made and what is it made from , and contact details would be great for the shop . If you could also give us an idea on price that would be help .

Thanks

Les
Uncle D

Re: Fire Grate

Post by Uncle D »

I expect yours is made from steel, go to a steel fabrication shop with your old one and ask them to replicate a new one.
I know there is one on the Mesogi industrial Estate, google steel fabrication shops and find one close to yourself,
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
Aargent

Post by Aargent »

Uncle D wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:53 am I expect yours is made from steel, go to a steel fabrication shop with your old one and ask them to replicate a new one.
I know there is one on the Mesogi industrial Estate, google steel fabrication shops and find one close to yourself,
seems like a good idea. I think that you live in Giolou so, head up to Stroumpi and before you get there turn right towards Kathikas and just up on the left there is a cast Iron works . He made a bespoke railing for us at a reasonable price.
Alastair

Nil illigitimi carborundum
Oakland

Post by Oakland »

Hi

Thanks for that , he did work for us before as well , but he moved from there some time back .

Maybe a good idea to try

Les
Aargent

Post by Aargent »

Oakland wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:36 am Hi

Thanks for that , he did work for us before as well , but he moved from there some time back .

Maybe a good idea to try

Les
Go up the back there is still an Iron Works there. Our job was fairly recent

GS Papaioannou phone 96223236 or 99042339
Alastair

Nil illigitimi carborundum
Paul

Post by Paul »

If you know someone who can weld why not make one from rebar steel.
:D :D :D
daveg

Post by daveg »

Actually saw a steel fire grate in Sklavenitis yesterday, €20 .... probably not the required size but maybe worth a look...
Top floor before the café....