Sponsoring a carer

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Polly

Sponsoring a carer

Post by Polly »

I have a carer/cleaner in at the moment due to health problems. Her visa is due to expire and she wants me to sponsor her. Can someone explain what this involves. I don't want to commit myself to something that is going to be problematic, expensive and what I can't get out of easily.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: Sponsoring a carer

Post by Devil »

I think the first question that must be asked is what her current position is. If you are her official employer, then there will be little problem, maybe signing a couple of pieces of paper. If not, you may open a can of worms.
Polly

Post by Polly »

Thank you for your reply Devil
jeba

Post by jeba »

This used to be the link to the relevant law: https://www.moi.gov.cy/moi/crmd/crmd.ns ... enDocument. Unfortunately, it´s not working anymore. I don´t know whether that´s because of a technical problem or whether the law isn´t in force anymore. Does anybody know whether it has changed?
As far as I remember, the law stipulated the conditions under which you are allowed to sponsor a domestic worker (you needed to be at least 75 years old or have a medical certificate as proof of that you need domestic help etc.).
Last edited by jeba on Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Go and speak to immigration, they will have the info you need.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Perhaps Michelle at M.C. Care at Home would be able to give you some advice and contacts. Well worth a phone call. Tel 97749487.
https://www.mccareathomecyprus.com/