Looking to sell my Rav4

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Woody2

Looking to sell my Rav4

Post by Woody2 »

Hi,
Could anyone advise the car dealer to visit in Paphos, to gain the best price for my 2,2 XTDi Rav4?

Private buyers also welcome!
WHL

Re: Looking to sell my Rav4

Post by WHL »

Unless you want to part exchange, most dealers will give you a pittance of what its worth, bazaraki Cyprus is a good site for buying and selling ,and its free

https://www.bazaraki.com/car-motorbikes ... -and-vans/
glang3000

Post by glang3000 »

I second that, I got offered between Euro 700 and 900 from 3 dealers for my old car, a Mitsubishi Pinin, sold it on Bazaraki for Euro 3500.

It was very easy, agreed the price we went to the citizens advice together, they did all the paperwork while we exchanged the cash.

Gary.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Put your advert on here putting year, mileage etc
Definitely sell private, as said a dealer will give you bugger all for it.
Being a diesel and a very reliable make like Toyota it will sell very quickly
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
Woody2

Post by Woody2 »

Put your advert on here putting year, mileage etc
Definitely sell private, as said a dealer will give you bugger all for it.
Being a diesel and a very reliable make like Toyota it will sell very quickly
David
Hi David,
Thanks for the advice.
How can I get a realistic valuation of its worth (given your advice about dealers),in the absence of a "Parkers Guide" equivalent in Cyprus?
Does everyone simply take the UK value, then add a %?
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

I think a good rule of thumb would be check parkers, add conversion of pounds to euros then add 20% for final price after negotiation.
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

There is Cyprus online Autotrader site. https://www.autotrader.com.cy/cars.html
Trev..
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

WHL

Post by WHL »

Checking UK prices has no relavence compared to Cyprus prices
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Absolutely correct WHL - I only put it on as per Uncle D's guidance - I've seen piles of scrap over there advertised for stupid money - They would have been crushed long ago in the UK
Woody2

Post by Woody2 »

Uncle D wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:02 am I think a good rule of thumb would be check parkers, add conversion of pounds to euros then add 20% for final price after negotiation.
quote=trevnhil post_id=168979 time=1707134168 user_id=123]
There is Cyprus online Autotrade site. https://www.autotrader.com.cy/cars.html
[/quote]

Great minds think alike, thanks both.
I'll see what the result indicates & compare it to any available dealership/auction prices.
Woody2

Post by Woody2 »

WHL wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:30 pm Checking UK prices has no relavence compared to Cyprus prices
It's a methodology to give me an idea, used in the absence of any formal indicators in Cyprus.
If you have an alternative approach,let's here what it is?
glang3000

Post by glang3000 »

Just go on Bazaraki, do a search for a car of similar details to yours, make, model, colour, miles and see what they are advertised for.

Gary.
Woody2

Post by Woody2 »

glang3000 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:54 pm Just go on Bazaraki, do a search for a car of similar details to yours, make, model, colour, miles and see what they are advertised for.
Gary.
Hi Gary,
Very illuminating!
Applying 'Methodology';
Using values from Parkers UK in GBP, converting to Euros @ current rate, then comparing to the prices to sell on Bazaraki.

The outcome (from available sample) seems to be that we should be applying a minimum factor of at least 2 to the result, but in some cases this rises to a factor of 3!
From this exercise(unsurprisingly), my original view is confirmed; that all figures are 'just imagined', without any structured basis for calculation.

Conclusion; As ever Caveat Emptor definitely applies - just more especially in Cyprus
mark4007

Post by mark4007 »

Cyprus second hand car values are influenced by the lack of effective finanincing in the car market and by the lack of car fleets owned by companies... these combine to effecively create a new car market based on cash buyers which restricts the supply of used cars onto the used car market. The same constraints apply to the second hand car market which results in vastly inflated prices (as compared to the UK market)..
souniman

Post by souniman »

A friend used Autotrader Cyprus sold in 3 days
https://www.autotrader.com.cy/cars.html
WHL

Post by WHL »

Woody2 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:04 pm
WHL wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:30 pm Checking UK prices has no relavence compared to Cyprus prices
It's a methodology to give me an idea, used in the absence of any formal indicators in Cyprus.
If you have an alternative approach,let's here what it is?
With respect UK car prices or any other european car prices means sod all with cyprus prices, find a car model you like and go ask at dealers, online, and pazariki or similar that will give you a true picture.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Best to take your vehicle to various dealers and see what you are offered. Maybe a trip to Limassol would be worth it.
That's what I did and the offers varied considerably. Also bear in mind that private purchasers are likely to offer more than the dealers.

As an aside, when insuring your vehicle the price you paid is irrelevant as in the case of a claim the insurance company will refer to the market value of similar vehicles, yet so many people continue to insure it at the price they originally paid.
Woody2

Post by Woody2 »

galexinda wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:57 pm Best to take your vehicle to various dealers and see what you are offered. Maybe a trip to Limassol would be worth it.
That's what I did and the offers varied considerably. Also bear in mind that private purchasers are likely to offer more than the dealers.

As an aside, when insuring your vehicle the price you paid is irrelevant as in the case of a claim the insurance company will refer to the market value of similar vehicles, yet so many people continue to insure it at the price they originally paid.
The point is; How do we get to know what this value is, since the insurance companies in Cyprus don't seem to publish a guide to assist the public?
WHL

Post by WHL »

Woody2 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:21 am
galexinda wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:57 pm Best to take your vehicle to various dealers and see what you are offered. Maybe a trip to Limassol would be worth it.

The point is; How do we get to know what this value is, since the insurance companies in Cyprus don't seem to publish a guide to assist the public?
You will get to know the value of your car by asking a few dealers what they are prepared to pay for it, also go on bazaraki and see what other owners are asking for similar vehicles,