TOTK BUS DEPOT STILL NOT READY

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
fishbeardsunset

TOTK BUS DEPOT STILL NOT READY

Post by fishbeardsunset »

Hi there

Despite all the previous promises that the new bus station (s) would be ready in January, (then February); it appears that they are still
having problems

This is the latest news from OSYPA

NEW BUS STATIONS - POSTPONE OF THE OPENING DATE
Friday, 26 January 2024
We would like to inform you that the operation of the new stations at the Tombs of the Kings (Opposite McDonalds) and at the Harbour Parking Place (next to the entrance of the archeological site of Kato Pafos) is temporarily postponed. As soon as we have the final date for the opening of the new stations, a new announcement will be issued.
Kili01

Re: TOTK BUS DEPOT STILL NOT READY

Post by Kili01 »

The puzzling thing about the new bus station on ToTK Rd,is that it appears to be more or less finished, but deserted. Though as I prophesied earlier it seems popular as a car park. It seems as if bus drivers are contented to bunch up together at the back of the big car park close to the Leptos Headquarters Offices, close to the shops and the harbour.
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Kili01
I never new you were a Soothsayer - What other prophecies do you have for 2024 ?
clive of payia

Post by clive of payia »

It's been built too narrow for buses to swing around in it. Got that from that thoroughly reliable man every pub has.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Well done, Clive! Seems incredible that measurements of these big buses turning radius weren't taken into consideration when planning it. So did the man-in the pub know what authorities plan to do about that?
Alternatively, use could be made of it as a scooter riders training area...
fishbeardsunset

Post by fishbeardsunset »

Hi There- One of the bus inspectors told me a while back, that they had received complaints about the "environmental noise pollution" being in such close proximity to restaurants (Tea for Two, McDonalds, and also that because part of that land is private, are unable to carry out any alterations to extend the "bus lanes" which are too close for two buses to pass between each other...

On another note- they have now take delivery of some smaller blue mini buses- and are gradually rolling them out- like the 607 route which is good news, as the POLIS to CORAL bay mini bus (648) is well over 20 years old (should have been changed every 10 years)

Also, the previous mini-buses did not have wheelchair access whilst the brand new ones do to comply with current statutory regulations however in order to do this, they only have 13 regular seats plus an additional three drop down ones for disabled persons.

The older mini-buses had a total of 24 seats- so I can envisage that there is going to be major problems ahead when the island gets busier in the peak season.

There were always too many passengers - especially on the Coral Bay to Peyia route (616) which is why in March last year, they then hired a large coach( 40 seater)to solve that issue- however for some mysterious reason I have not seen it in operation this last couple of days only the small mini bus...