Net Metering App

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Expresspete

Net Metering App

Post by Expresspete »

I wonder if anyone could offer me some advice regarding net metering and the “FusionSolar” App please? I use the FusionSolar App to keep an eye on my net metering production but just lately the app has been dropping out showing zero electricity recorded through the day but then will turn itself back on again after a period of time. I’ve called my provider and they said there’s nothing to worry about because the system is still producing even though I can’t see it…..
Living the Sunshine dream 8-)
Anarita John

Re: Net Metering App

Post by Anarita John »

We have a Solar Edge Invertor and use the Solar Edge App, both in the UK and in Cyprus. In Cyprus, our app will show zero production. If you go outside to the Invertor it also shows zero production and showing a fault. It tries to connect to the grid and goes through a countdown, firstly 60 seconds, then, if it fails, 120 seconds and 60 second increases. All of our neighbours had exactly the same fault and their production pattern was exactly the same as ours with zero production at the same time. Greenair came and tested our invertor and, a few weeks later, EAC arrived and put test equipment in our electric box. Not heard anything since, but our invertor has not shown any faults since late December.

I can only surmise that the fault was in our supply. We have seen EAC working on the substation at the bottom of our road.

By the way, Solar Edge sent us emails that there was a fault each time it happened.

When our appis showing zero production, we are not exporting anything back to the grid.
gerryg

Post by gerryg »

I have a fusion solar app. It has stopped showing electricity produced 2 or 3 times in the last couple of months. Perhaps because the app was being updated. It was for very brief periods.

While the app was off the system was still producing electricity , in the same way as yours.

Gerry
Expresspete

Post by Expresspete »

Than you John. I’ll give GreenAir a call on Monday
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

Express Pete. Next time your app is showing zero production, see if you are exporting anything to the grid. Turn off any appliances that use huge amounts of electric, such as ovens, aircon etc and take an export meter reading. Then, after a couple of hours of zero production on your app, take another. If you are exporting, it will show on the reading.
jeba

Post by jeba »

Anarita John wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:25 pm Express Pete. Next time your app is showing zero production, see if you are exporting anything to the grid. Turn off any appliances that use huge amounts of electric, such as ovens, aircon etc and take an export meter reading. Then, after a couple of hours of zero production on your app, take another. If you are exporting, it will show on the reading.
Doesn´t the meter indicate (via arrows) whether you´re exporting or importing? Mine does.
Expresspete

Post by Expresspete »

I have the following on my EAC Meter

181 IMPORT(LOW). 000001.0
182 IMPORT (NORMAL) 003248.0
281 EXPORT (LOW) 000000.9
282 EXPORT (NORMAL) 008177.1

Would I be right in thinking the ‘182’ reading is the amount of electricity consumed and the ‘282’ reading is the amount of electricity my PV Net Metering has produced (giving a credit of 4929.1)? I have no idea what the ‘181’ and ‘281’ readings refer to.
My system was installed with very little explanation so with my FusionSolar App not working I’m having to view production and consumption in a different way. Tia
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

Ignore the 181 and 281 readings. I keep an exel spreadsheet of our consumption and production, and how much I've exported to the grid.

For example, on 23/1 the meter reading on 182 was 8497.1. 24 hours later it was 8507.8.Therefore I had consumed 10.7 Kwh through the meter.

The same period, the meter reading on 282 was 14905.7. 24 hours later it was 14917.1 Therefore I had exported 11.4Kwh.

My Solar Edge app showed a Production figure of 14.8Kwh. Therefore around 3.4Kwh of the solar energy I produced during the day was used by our home.

Hope this helps.
Expresspete

Post by Expresspete »

Thank you John, it’s a great help