The Archimandrita to Nata Shortcut

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

The Archimandrita to Nata Shortcut

Post by Dominic »

As it is my birthday I thought I would indulge myself and make a long film of a scenic on and off-road drive through the countryside of Paphos. We start off at Alektora Picnic Site (technically in Limassol but I won't tell anybody if you won't) and take a hairy route to Pano Archimandrita. You should only attempt this in a 4x4, and not after heavy rain. From there we have a more sedate drive to Mamonia and Fasoula, before hitting the gravel once again to get to Choletria. This bit should also only be attempted in a 4x4. It can get very muddy owing to the amount of lorries that drive to and from the quarry you pass along the way.

From Choletria we drive through Old Choletria and across the Xeros River before finishing in Nata. We only stopped the film here because the battery ran out. I had hoped to show you the route all the way to Minthis Hills, but you will have to make do with this I am afraid. I did leave you a surprise to make up for it though...

Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Re: The Archimandrita to Nata Shortcut

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Lovely ride, Thank you Dominic,

I watched it twice and found out that switching to the YouTube version plays much better and without interruptions on my computer.

Very nice sound tracks as well and one reminds me of good old times in the early 70's when I used to go to pubs playing mainly blues...( minute 14)

I hope you enjoyed a nice birthday yesterday.

Max
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Lovely ride indeed and the end was funny!
Louise :)
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Great video sound track and beautiful scenery it was very therapeutic - thank you Dominic