MUKW3

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
ludlowboy

MUKW3

Post by ludlowboy »

For what it’s worth, I had my appointment for upgrading MEU1 to MUKW3 today, thought I had everything required, forms/passports/copies/bills etc., but, every electricity bill from 1996 showing continuous use was not sufficient! (Too much paper) Go to AIK and get a stamped and signed printout of consumption for at least 5 yrs.
At 75 it is a fair walk, up and back, so be warned!
kansas

Re: MUKW3

Post by kansas »

The requirements to change from an MEU1 to an MUKW3 are, I believe, the same as were originally in place for a move from MEU1 to MEU3 (i.e. 5 yrs proof of residency, bills etc.). The move from an MEU3 to an MUKW3 only, I believe, only require a completed application form and the original with copies of UK passport and the MEU3. Plus the fee, of course.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

I heard, that to obtain an mukw3 another criteria may come into place and that would be a paid funeral plan.
This was down at the pub so I'm not sure if it's correct.
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

If you want a definite answer ask Gwennie, NOT the man down the pub!
I have been told by Limassol friends that Immigration Paphos have a reputation for being pedantic!
souniman

Post by souniman »

Here is what is required from the Cyprus Government website. Rather than speculation
https://www.moi.gov.cy/MOI/CRMD/crmd.ns ... penElement
ludlowboy

Post by ludlowboy »

Souniman, the point I was trying to make was that the original bills were in the wrong ‘format’ for the ‘pedantic’ soul in the office!
Kili01, I can only agree with your friends.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Kili01 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:00 pm If you want a definite answer ask Gwennie, NOT the man down the pub!
I have been told by Limassol friends that Immigration Paphos have a reputation for being pedantic!
Limassol friends in the pub, tea rooms or over coffee?
:lol:
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

NO more likely it was at a Sherry tasting session.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Ha,ha! No these are people who've lived in Cyprus for a longtime. I understand that Limassol Immigration are more reasonable so these petty problems which Paphos have don't arise. Lucky them.
harveywinning

Post by harveywinning »

We have recently received our MUKW3 cards. No problems at all at Paphos Immigration. We supplied copies of MEU1, Title Deed, one electric bill, passport copy, marriage certificate and that was it.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

When applying for MUKW3 do they take your original MEU3 or can we keep it? I am travelling soon and wonder if I should wait until my return before applying?
ludlowboy

Post by ludlowboy »

Jimgym, They only require a copy of MEU1.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

ludlowboy wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:58 pm Jimgym, They only require a copy of MEU1.
Thank you, much appreciated!
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Another question, does anyone have a rough idea of how long it takes to get an appointment to swap meu3?
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Maybe wrong end of the island for you but we decided to get ours done and popped into Ammochostos Police HQ on a Monday and had appointments for the next morning. Took 5 mins each to run through the paperwork, pay the fee and now we await the cards.
We needed the joint Application Form, passport and copy, original MEU3 and a copy, €30 each person.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Wow !!! I wish it was that simple in the West of the Island.
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

See what I said earlier about Immigration in Paphos! One can only guess what their mindset is.
Nothing about the way they work has changed over the years of my residence here. Except that more recently it is possible to make an appointment. Hurrah.
In the 'old days' there were no appointments. The form was to join a queue outside their office before the opening time of 8am. The earlier you got there the higher up the queue you would be when they let the first 10 or so through their doors at 8am. The queue outside by then was huge.
We often queued on a fire escape.
Wonder if other members remember?
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

It was like that at this end 20 years ago and then they built a new Police HQ and the Immigration Dept moved in from their old remote building and one room 4m x4m office. So much slicker now.
Tuppence

Post by Tuppence »

Friends applied in December & have appointments at the end of this month but another friend applied a couple of weeks age & their appointment isn't until April.
sued51

Post by sued51 »

I remember in the late 90’s sending my husband to get a number at immigration around 7.30am, he then came home and went back with my young daughter and I complete with a picnic breakfast/brunch, we usually made it home before lunchtime! One of the immigration officers - young and obviously quite new once asked if my daughter could be excused to go to nursery but the answer from higher up was no, she had to sit there with us for around 4 hours!
Hopefully things are differently almost 30 years later!