Flu/Covid

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Les Bean

Re: Flu/Covid

Post by Les Bean »

Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Try the Office of National Statistics website
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Firefly wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:53 am You say that the effects of having Covid, were minimal to you. Just so we know, have you ever had Covid vaccine?
No I can never have any type of Covid vaccine - as confirmed after rigorous research by MOH Nicosia which issued me with the relevant documentation.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

As I see it, you were very fortunate Galexinda.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Les Bean

Post by Les Bean »

Firefly, I think you're being deliberately contumacious.Most people when posting information obtained from a published source helpfully incude a link to that source,or if requested to do so then comply.You seem to have some sort of aversion to do this
El tel

Post by El tel »

The figures quoted by the NHS are not necessarily reliable , I am aware that an individual who was run over by a bus and killed was put down as a covid death as the virus was discovered when they took a sample of their blood.

Terry
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

LB

You can think what you like. And if I knew how to provide a link I would

Other than that, is it really too hard to look for yourself?

I never knew that to belong to this forum, it was a requirement to comply with another posters request. Interesting, or it could be.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

LB as for being wilfully disobedient, especially to authority, just what the hell are you talking about?
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Firefly wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:55 pm Lincoln

Try 'Google' the same as I did.

Dominic

I suppose the NHS website might be lying!

Both the friends of mine that died of Covid, they both had underlying health conditions.
Well give us a link to the relevent article. Nobody else appears able to find it. All you need to do is go back to the page where you copied the data from, and copy the address in the browser.

For example, if I google "NHS Covid deaths" and then go through the results I find the following data:

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details ... me=England

This states that nearly 200,000 people in England had COVID on their death certificate. According to your data, the figure is below 50,000. And I got the link by right-clicking the address bar in the browser, selecting COPY, then pasting it into the forum reply.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

This is the information that Firefly Provided - Not difficult find or copy and paste

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transpar ... hcondition
Les Bean

Post by Les Bean »

Firefly wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:18 pm LB as for being wilfully disobedient, especially to authority, just what the hell are you talking about?
That's only one definition of the long word I searched to find to describe your evasive obstinacy.No mention was made about any requirements to post on the forum...so to quote "what the hell are you talking about?"
Les Bean

Post by Les Bean »

Firefly wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:18 pm LB as for being wilfully disobedient, especially to authority, just what the hell are you talking about?
That's only one definition of the long word I searched to find to describe your evasive obstinacy.No mention was made about any requirements to post on the forum...so to quote "what the hell are you talking about?"
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

LB

So you can research things without a link!

Quote 'Firefly, I think you're being deliberately contumacious.Most people when posting information obtained from a published source helpfully incude a link to that source,or if requested to do so then comply.You seem to have some sort of aversion to do this'.

Intimates that when asked, a poster should oblige by so doing.

Trans Am

Thank you.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

When people start quoting sites or numbers it is not only helpful to provide a link to the source of their information but also to prove that it is a fact based comment and not just an opinion.

Dominic has shown in a recent comment how easy it is to submit a link on this forum - thanks Dominic.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Right, now we have got, who should do what, put to bed, what about those numbers, which I was asked to prove, and with some help, have now been.

Is the subject now forgotten in all the 'politically correct' discourse?
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Where to get the Covid booster and do you need appointment? I had 4, so might need another booster.
Louise :)
Lucky Lady

Post by Lucky Lady »

Louise - we got our booster at the General Hospital last week. No appointment necessary, but you will need a negative test and your previous vaccination certificates. We were in and out in 15 mins. Hope this helps.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Those numbers only covered March to June 2020. Honestly though, providing a link to back up a claim is just common courtesy and nothing to do with political correctness gone mad. There is way too much fake news out there these days.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Yes Dominic I know, but not everyone my age can do these things.

Indeed one friend of mine, a teaching assistant, doesn't even own a computer, and hasn't a clue how to use one. My first working knowledge of a computer, many years ago, was a main frame computer, so you will appreciate that my working knowledge of computers now, is limited.

Common courtesy, as you call it, is not always possible for the aged amongst us. Consideration is courtesy too.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

My belief that more died of Covid WITH underlying causes, than without, was brought into question, even though it is true.

Even I can search for information, so therefore, can anyone else. Even though I have to put up with the usual suspects, name calling!