Electric Cars - Caveat Emptor

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Electric Cars - Caveat Emptor

Post by Dominic »

Aargent wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:20 pm
Dominic wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:59 am That's how the internet works these days. Posts get shared on different sites, and some go viral. People who can accurately predict how to make viral content tend to end up very wealthy.
And here was me thinking that it was my outstanding choice of topic, my sharp and dazzling delivery , my quick witted intelligent and well researched responses and , of course my amazing good looks that was attracting all the Views. Ah Well ! Maybe I should join Tik Tok.

If only I could find some way to monetise it successfully. The thread, not your Tik Tok post.

*cough*

Yes, if I had an EV car, the first thing I would do is buy the Paphos Life road trip eBooks. They are great and there are now five of them, covering mainly Paphos, but also Ayia Napa and Protaras. You can find them all here:

https://amzn.to/45CcwvK
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

The issue I have with EV cars is their silence. How will the cats cope?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Dominic I totally agree with their silence
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Surely, the comparative silence of EVs is one of their great plus signs, even if the cats may not agree. It would be wonderful if the village youths did not have the means of perforating our eardrums, especially on Friday and Saturday evenings.
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Back in 2008 in the UK - The City of London Branch of TNT Parcel Carriers placed an order with Smiths Electric Vehicles ( Of Milk Float Fame) Which was now called Tanfield Group SEV for 60 Electric Parcel Delivery Vans - Over the closing period of months before completion of the order many issues had to be overcome on the outdoor test track including fitting self generating electric retarders to assist the braking system and torque control systems to stop the vehicle lifting the front wheels off the ground when setting away from a standing start - On the last week of completion the VOSA and Construction and Use team were there to finally assess pass the vehicle off for use and one of the issues on the cribbing sheet was that here was a huge heavy vehicle hurtling towards you and you couldn't hear a thing as any sound that was present was behind it - So they insisted on sound generators being installed which was basically an electric fan device that sounded like Lolly Sticks in the spokes of a bike wheel and that was it job done - But this seems to have slipped through the net with electric cars - Much quieter than the truck and you can't hear them coming towards you.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Re cats hearing traffic, it appears that guide dogs cannot hear them either, very dangerous, and very frightening for the poor guide dogs.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.