Lighthouse Beach Bar

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Holidaymaker

Lighthouse Beach Bar

Post by Holidaymaker »

We walked from our hotel to Lighthouse Beach the other day.
Bit surprised that the bar there, having endured all year of the coastal footpath being closed and restricting their trade considerably, have now decided to refurbish their place.
Anyway, following a comment by Dominic, I followed his example and tried the BLT there. Very good. Served in a large pitta bread and very tasty - all for 6.5 euros.
Also followed Dominic's example and carried on to Venus Beach. Lovely (if a little breezy) along there. Could have walked for miles.
ast

Re: Lighthouse Beach Bar

Post by ast »

So is it now closed for refurbishment or still open during, it does need a bit of a face-lift to be honest.
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, it was cheap but a-bit scruffy... hopefully the refurb won't take all winter.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Last time I was there it was still open. The seating had moved to the beach area, and a couple of planks formed a temporary walkway to the till area.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
fishbeardsunset

Post by fishbeardsunset »

I was there on Sunday (3rd) and the major works have been finished, so the entrance and staircases and decking are all completed with tables and chairs adjacent to the till area- and outside on the beach with nice views towards the sea. Must admit they have not "enlarged" the footprint of the old building so the serving area where you pay, is relatively small - not changed in size so looks a bit cramped for the guys working there
Then outside at the rear of the building, are 3 open showers and the two toilets (as before)
The only thing I could not fathom out, was the sheer amount of "metal work" used in the construction of the project, girders everywhere to support the roof and base which will probably survive a hurricane!
Very friendly relaxing place and nice people working there :D
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

Think it could be owned by the municipality. Was told by the deputy mayor that the toilets there were public ones.