Snow chaos at Munich, no plane, no bus, no train, video

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Snow chaos at Munich, no plane, no bus, no train, video

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Not only my favourite club, FC Bayern Munich cancelled the Saturday afternoon game due to snowfall, the whole area around Munich came to a standstill as the airport was closed until Sunday, railway stopped completely and also buses. People were called to stay home if possible, however also massive power cuts appeared.... First time something like this happened in Munich town.

Here a video after Fridays snow, however another 30 cm came down on Saturday. In areas more than 75 cm in 2 days....

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/v ... ction=view

Max
Last edited by cyprusmax47 on Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chaddy

Re: Snow chaos at Munich, no plain, no bus, no train, video

Post by Chaddy »

Wow,thats a lot of snow.Is anyone reading this old enough to have been around in the worst winter last century in the UK 1947.I remember as a boy we could not get out of our house for 3/4 days...Check it out on you tube.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: Snow chaos at Munich, no plain, no bus, no train, video

Post by Devil »

Chaddy wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:49 pm Wow,thats a lot of snow.Is anyone reading this old enough to have been around in the worst winter last century in the UK 1947.I remember as a boy we could not get out of our house for 3/4 days...Check it out on you tube.
Yes, I was a 15 year old schoolboy at the time. Of course, we didn't have television in those days, so we were "insulated" from news, other than brief summaries on the wireless (remember Alvar Liddell -sp?). There was much more news about post-war Europe, of course, especially as the UK had large numbers of troops in the BAOR (British Army of the Rhine). We, in Edinburgh, did not have the major winter of the south of England. I think that it was 1943 or 1944 that snow stopped the trams from running in one morning and I had to walk to school in my wellies (a bit over 1 mile), with the snow overflowing down them.
Aargent

Re: Snow chaos at Munich, no plane, no bus, no train, video

Post by Aargent »

Should this not be in the " Beyond Cyprus " section.
Alastair

Nil illigitimi carborundum
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

I was born in the February of 1947, I was informed that on that day, 25th, the sea froze in places.......I wonder why :lol:
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Coincidence firefly,the wife was born 27th February.......1947
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Firefly wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:46 pm I was born in the February of 1947, I was informed that on that day, 25th, the sea froze in places.......I wonder why :lol:
Coincidence firefly,the wife was born 27th February.......1947
just a pair of wee bairns– I was already a well qualified teenager then: I left school the following year!
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Devil I said my wife was born in February 1947,i,m a we bit older.Mmmmm,if my maths are correct you must be 89/90,,i raise my hat to you.Whats your secret if i may ask.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Chaddy wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:28 pm Devil I said my wife was born in February 1947,i,m a we bit older.Mmmmm,if my maths are correct you must be 89/90,,i raise my hat to you.Whats your secret if i may ask.
Go back to school! Your maths are atrocious. I'm 91! :-) :-) :-)