Paphos Airport Car Park Query

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
PolemIan

Paphos Airport Car Park Query

Post by PolemIan »

Whilst I’m waiting for an email response from Hermes, I wonder if anyone in the answer to this.

If you have a car park reservation for car park P5 at Paphos - the fairly new one more or less opposite the exit barriers to the main car park in front of the terminal, how do you get to it whilst the road in front of the terminal is taxis only? Obviously you can’t go down the road from the main entrance to airport as that little stretch is two lanes of one way.

A - do they wave you through the taxi only area if you show them the booking?

B - or go through the main car park? I can’t quite visualise it but that might involve a few metres going the wrong way on the two lane stretch - I think that exit is just beyond the entrance to P5.

Anybody know?

Ian
WHL

Re: Paphos Airport Car Park Query

Post by WHL »

E mailing is a waste of time no one replies try phoning
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

I’ve had replies to emails previously within their stated response periods, but will call if needs be nearer the time.

Ian
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Just head for P5 entrance it's just around the bend towards the terminal. The barriers open automatically recognising your number plate. Go in and find a spot to park and walk across to the terminal
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
WHL

Post by WHL »

PolemIan wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:46 pm I’ve had replies to emails previously within their stated response periods, but will call if needs be nearer the time.

Ian
Thats good in all my years here, be it the electricty, council etc ive never once had a reply by email
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Uncle D wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:46 pm Just head for P5 entrance it's just around the bend towards the terminal. The barriers open automatically recognising your number plate. Go in and find a spot to park and walk across to the terminal
Uncle D, yes I know where it is but the normal access is via the terminal drop off road which is restricted to taxis only at the moment and that road is one way.

In
ast

Post by ast »

I went through the airport the other day and dropped my car in the short stay opposite the terminal no problem, At the entrance of the short stay there is a police car vetting who can go around in front of the terminal or can’t.

You can get access to all the car parks by going through the short stay and out the other side, no charge for a drive through. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

ast wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:22 am I went through the airport the other day and dropped my car in the short stay opposite the terminal no problem, At the entrance of the short stay there is a police car vetting who can go around in front of the terminal or can’t.

You can get access to all the car parks by going through the short stay and out the other side, no charge for a drive through. 8-)
Thanks AST.

The challenge is that to get to P5 via the short stay car park, you have to turn left out of the exit I.e. the wrong way down the exit road which although two lanes, is one way. It’s only a few meters but enough to cause an accident for which you can only be in the wrong.

Having now completed my rapid 45 hours in London trip yesterday, the answer is that you approach the drop off road as normal and stop by the concrete barrier. There you show your car park booking to the nice chap in the hi-vis jacket.

He then waves you through into the parking area where the coaches normally collect and drop off holiday makers - the area between the drop off road and the short term car park - and the exit to that is directly opposite the entrance to P5.

Job done.

Ian
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Thanks for the feedback.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.