how do you like your breakfast?

The place to share recipes and ask for advice.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

how do you like your breakfast?

Post by Devil »

I hope that this thread will continue lightheartedly without any argy-bargy!

What do you have a breakfast and how do you prepare it?
Mine? Well, I'm a bit of a stick in the mud. I take two Weetabix, sprinkle it with a bit of Demerara sugar and then very carefully pour some milk around it (not on it) so that the level comes up to 2 or 3 mm from the top. The crispy top provides a good contrast with the soggy bottom. (please, no jokes about the soggy bottom!)
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Re: how do you like your breakfast?

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Well, after a 16 hour break from eating (time restricted eating, 16:8 fasting, 2 meals a day) I start with lemon water and 1 iron supplement.

1/2 hour later I have 2 cocktail gherkins, some cherry tomatoes and one slice of Bio rye bread (80gr) as sandwich with ca 70-100 gr of cheese (Emmental, Tilsit or Masdamer, Brie) 2 boiled large eggs (free range, every second day) and a large mug green loose tea (Jasmin/normal) with one spoon of brown sugar.
After that I take some supplements ( zinc, Vit B complex, omega 3, Vit D, Choline 350mg) with the green tea.
Once a week I have 100 gr of cooked ham instead of the cheese.

That's it for the morning until lunch.

Max
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Brown bread toasted with either home made lemon curd (5 minutes to make 2 jars) or marmalade. Creature of habit me. If I am running then a banana before run then breakfast after.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

yes, in my first post I didn't mention simply mug hot black tea (M&S loose breakfast-horrid but cheap!)
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

My breakfast is the same each day. 1 slice of wholemeal village bread (round sliced loaf) and a Warburton's crumpet. Both toasted each side and then I put on a low-fat spread. The toast I then spread with Marmalade. All washed down with a cup of tea
Trev..
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Two mugs of filter coffee, one yoghurt in a pot, a chunk of Brie. After approx half hour two slices of toast cut into quarters and spread with variuos jams. Same most days apart from Sunday when my wife cooks us a proper English style breakfast.
All things are possible
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Porridge oats with chopped ginger and fruit if to hand, mixed with plain greek yoghurt, milk and honey.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
josef k

Post by josef k »

Typhoo tea, white toast and Frank Cooper's Oxford marmalade. That is a proper breakfast.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Dominic wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:37 pm Porridge oats with chopped ginger and fruit if to hand, mixed with plain greek yoghurt, milk and honey.
That's really healthy and exactly what I eat in the early afternoon before I start my fasting period. (16:8)

Max
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Lemon water, hot, then fresh fruit and low fat Greek style yoghurt.

Same every day, unless I'm away, visiting family, then usually bacon and egg, etc, but always hot lemon.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Revised, still lemon water, but good old 'Scots Porridge Oats' for winter.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Revised. I now also make a nice bowl of porridge with a sprinkling of Sultanas added. Then a little golden syrup on top.
All things are possible
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Lincoln, lovely, but the syrup would do my waistline no favours :lol: mine is just with a little evap milk.