New Modem, Old Printer

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
Firefly

New Modem, Old Printer

Post by Firefly »

BT have issued me with a new modem, and so far I have connected everything I need to, to it, with the exception of my HP smart printer. If I had a password for it, it's long gone.

I have tried without success to connect via the WPS button on the modem, nothing, tried via my laptop, nothing. I did think that, okay, I can use an ethernet cable, sent for one from Amazon, whilst it fitted my printer, it didn't fit the modem, returned that. Rang BT, no problem they said, we will sent you a cable, they did, whilst it fits the modem, it doesn't fit the printer. Question, am I able in any way to connect my printer to the modem, or do need to buy another printer?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks, Jackie.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: New Modem, Old Printer

Post by Dominic »

Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
J B

Post by J B »

Jackie

If using a cable you need to connect the 'device' (laptop?) to the printer, not the modem - there may be a USB cable that came with the printer ... perhaps?
J B
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Dominic

Thank you for the link. It seems to cover everything that can go wrong with an HP Printer. A lot to take in.

J B

Thank you for that, the little grey cells are sadly depleted these days :lol: I will try to connect again, from laptop to printer!

What would I do without this wonderful forum.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.