Beware Erdogan!

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Woody2

Beware Erdogan!

Post by Woody2 »

First this statement of intent on Israel, but Cyprus might be next in line ?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/18 ... l-war-Gaza

He has his eye on the rest of this island + the oil & gas reserves in the coastal waters.

If he mobilises for Gaza against Israel, its just a short hop across the water to follow-up his previous invasion of the north, then take the rest!

Have the Brits military the wherewithal available to hold him off?
WHL

Re: Beware Erdogan!

Post by WHL »

I would take anything the Express prints with a mountain of salt, move on folks nothing to see here.
JimX

Post by JimX »

I remember during the last war with Afghanistan some members of CL said we were about to be hit by Skud missile, just more frightening talk then as now... 8-)
Jim.
Les Bean

Post by Les Bean »

Woody2 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:39 am First this statement of intent on Israel, but Cyprus might be next in line ?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/18 ... l-war-Gaza

He has his eye on the rest of this island + the oil & gas reserves in the coastal waters.

If he mobilises for Gaza against Israel, its just a short hop across the water to follow-up his previous invasion of the north, then take the rest!

Have the Brits military the wherewithal available to hold him off?
Apart from the stupid assumptions and observations, exactly when did Erdogan "invade" the North.Certainly wasn't 1974 he wasn't even around then
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

The Express stopped being a newspaper decades ago.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

JimX wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:58 am I remember during the last war with Afghanistan some members of CL said we were about to be hit by Skud missile, just more frightening talk then as now... 8-)
Some people don't half talk nonsense. All I can say is that the expat bars of Paphos must be full of an awful lot of bullshitters!

Remember when Crown Resorts Horizon was going to be turned over to house refugees? :lol:
Woody2

Post by Woody2 »

All I can say is that the expat bars of Paphos must be full of an awful lot of bullshitters!

Not just in the bars,surely?
Expresspete

Post by Expresspete »

Dominic, the voice of reason 👏👏👏
Living the Sunshine dream 8-)
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Dominic wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:07 pm
JimX wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:58 am I remember during the last war with Afghanistan some members of CL said we were about to be hit by Skud missile, just more frightening talk then as now... 8-)
Some people don't half talk nonsense. All I can say is that the expat bars of Paphos must be full of an awful lot of bullshitters!
i feel safe in the knowledge that most expat pubs are full of ex SAS, they'd know what to do in a crisis.
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

David

My OH and I have met men who say that they are ex SAS, in Cyprus bars. Having lived in Herefordshire for many years, we were able to deduce that they hadn't got a clue about the SAS. To be a good liar, you need to be clued up.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Uncle D wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:21 pm
i feel safe in the knowledge that most expat pubs are full of ex SAS, they'd know what to do in a crisis.
I used to live in South London. You wouldn't believe the amount of people who had gold jewellery that they claim came from the Brinks Mat job.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:24 pm
Uncle D wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:21 pm

I used to live in South London. You wouldn't believe the amount of people who had gold jewellery that they claim came from the Brinks Mat job.
Go to any boozer in the East End, and your guaranteed to talk to some one who knew the twins, the funny thing is, most of them weren't even born when the twins got banged up :lol:
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

Dominic wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:24 pm The Express stopped being a newspaper decades ago.
Years ago, in Private Eye in the spoof Letters to the Editor column, there was the letter:

Dear Sir, I have just read the Daily Express from cover to cover in 7 seconds. Is this a record?

Editor: No