Praise for the Blue Cross Hospital.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

Praise for the Blue Cross Hospital.

Post by trevnhil »

Hi all.
I wanted to share my experiences of being a patient this week at the Blue Cross Hospital.
I cannot sing their praises loud enough..
I was admitted for a pre-planned Prostate operation at 7 am on last Monday. Like many other first-time patients, I had quite a bit of fear and apprehension.

But I have to say that EVERY member of staff there from the Surgeon (Antonis Antonioy) to the many cleaners, were absolutely marvellous. The nurses tended to your needs medical wise and if you pressed the 'call button' they were there very quickly..
My many doubts and fears were groundless.. Everything went well and I was discharged on Wednesday afternoon.
I must also mention the food there. The kitchen staff provided brilliant food and plenty of it for each meal. Breakfast was Cornflakes, toast and tea or coffee, and Butter and Jam/marmalade for the toast.
There appeared to be two main meals a day, one at lunchtime and an evening meal. They even came around with a small menu with a few choices for you to choose what you wanted.

I was allowed to take in my laptop, my Kindle and my phone. The internet speed amazed me at 250 mbps

I am now at home here in Polemi being looked after by my Daughter from the UK. I am improving day by day. Next week the 'driving ban' will be lifted and will be able to get out and about.

Well Done to the Blue Cross Hospital, the facilities and staff are wonderful.
Trev..
Firefly

Re: Praise for the Blue Cross Hospital.

Post by Firefly »

Good to know all went well for you Trevor, and that you're at home, safe and sound with your daughter.

Jackie x
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

I agree 100% with you Trev. I have had two major operations there and a couple of minor ones. All very proffesional, from beginning to end.
All things are possible
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

So pleased your hospital stay went so smoothly and you are back home Trev. Wishing you a speedy and full recovery.

I have lived here for several years, attended many of the private and public facilities during that time, and must say the care at Blue Cross Hospital has always been top notch and as an outpatient or inpatient it is my first choice for medical care.

Get well soon!
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

Really good news. My stay a couple of years ago at Blue Cross mirrored yours. Onwards and Upwards …
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I've only had outpatient, and minor day case treatment at the Blue Cross but very glad to hear that the inpatient care there is so good!
Very pleased to hear Trev, that your operation and care there was so good.

It makes a huge difference to a patients subsequent recovery time if the hospital care and the food they had while an inpatient are both very good.
What a stark contrast to the state hospital...

Dee
JimX

Post by JimX »

Yes been there and done it as they say, I hope all goes well for you Trev.
Jim.
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Thank you Trev for your positive post about your experience at The Blue Cross it should help other members of the forum should they require a procedure. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thanks for all good wishes. If any member wants to contact me via PM with regards to the procedure then I am happy to answer any questions.. I also don't mind on the Forum, but it is an operation of a personal nature
Trev..
beachcaster

Post by beachcaster »

Trevor
What a great result. Take it easy and do as your daughter tells you. Get well soon.
Beachcaster in Devon.
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

Hope you recover quickly Trev. Many years ago our daughter Rachel was in the Blue Cross with food poisoning. We were on holiday here at the time. Dr Dora came to see her every day, including Sundays. Her treatment and care was brilliant.
Rosemary had just had a knee repacement at the Evangelimos(sp?) Care brilliant and Dr Aspros, who performed the op, visited everyday.

I'm sure you are being well looked after at home. A
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

A private message today made me think that I would report about the present situation.
I have been back to see the surgeon and in answer to almost all my queries, he said recovery takes around 4 to 6 weeks.
He gave me a printout of the biopsy results and the best news was on the last line...
" There is no sign of Malignancy " So no cancer was present :-)
If anyone wants more info, please do get in touch
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

Speedy recovery, and thanks for posting , we normally just get moans, re Cyprus hospitals, nice to hear positive stuff
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Good news for you Trevor. Glad that's over for you.

We always had excellent treatment at the Blue Cross.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

trevnhil wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:13 pm A private message today made me think that I would report about the present situation.
I have been back to see the surgeon and in answer to almost all my queries, he said recovery takes around 4 to 6 weeks.
He gave me a printout of the biopsy results and the best news was on the last line...
" There is no sign of Malignancy " So no cancer was present :-)
If anyone wants more info, please do get in touch
That is great news "No sign of Malignancy" Speedy recovery Trev.
All things are possible