Cyta call, scam or genuine

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
glang3000

Cyta call, scam or genuine

Post by glang3000 »

Hi all,

I was called today from a lady telling me she was from Cyta, telling me that as I now had fibre optic broadband I had to sign a new contract, could someone come in the morning with the contract to sign.

Has anyone else had this, does anyone know if this is genuine?

Thank you in advance.

Gary.
Lincoln

Re: Cyta call, scam or genuine

Post by Lincoln »

CYTA do not usually come to you with contracts. They request you to go to them. As I say USUALLY, so it just might be genuine. Tell the lady you will meet her at the CYTA office.
All things are possible
Tala-sr

Post by Tala-sr »

Yes they do come with the paperwork usually with the ACS driver to your home to sign for the grant.
JimX

Post by JimX »

They came to me to install Fibre Optics and DHL came with the contracts, this is not a scam..
Jim.
josef k

Post by josef k »

The gave me fibre a couple of months ago. I haven't received a contract.
WHL

Post by WHL »

josef k wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:15 pm The gave me fibre a couple of months ago. I haven't received a contract.
We had to sign up for fibre but im sure we did it on line
josef k

Post by josef k »

WHL wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:13 pm
josef k wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:15 pm The gave me fibre a couple of months ago. I haven't received a contract.
We had to sign up for fibre but im sure we did it on line
I did too, now I think about it.
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Can someone explain what this fibre is about and are there extra costs involved? I suppose it give faster internet?????
Louise :)
glang3000

Post by glang3000 »

It can be cheaper, I was on 40gbs with Cyta and they sent me an email saying if I accepted a free upgrade to fibre they would double my broadband speed now and when they installed the fibre optics I would get 200mbs all without a price increase, so I contacted them and reduced my broadband to 20gbs to reduce the price, then I accepted the offer so they put it back up to 40gbs for the cheaper price and a few months later they installed fibre with 200mbs and I am still only paying for 20mbs.

But if you saw the start of this thread I am not sure if it's a scam but a lady who called told me she was from Cyta and she needs to send someone around for me to sign the contract for Euro 120 now that ai have had my 12 months, not sure if it's a one off payment, annually or the new monthly payment as her English was about as bad as my Greek,

G
WHL

Post by WHL »

glang3000 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:45 pm It can be cheaper, I was on 40gbs with Cyta and they sent me an email saying if I accepted a free upgrade to fibre they would double my broadband speed now and when they installed the fibre optics I would get 200mbs all without a price increase, so I contacted them and reduced my broadband to 20gbs to reduce the price, then I accepted the offer so they put it back up to 40gbs for the cheaper price and a few months later they installed fibre with 200mbs and I am still only paying for 20mbs.

But if you saw the start of this thread I am not sure if it's a scam but a lady who called told me she was from Cyta and she needs to send someone around for me to sign the contract for Euro 120 now that ai have had my 12 months, not sure if it's a one off payment, annually or the new monthly payment as her English was about as bad as my Greek,

G
This sounds like scam, pop into any cyta shop and ask
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Cyta's contractors laid the new fibreoptic cables in our part of Chloraka and into the complex where I live.A man was sent by Cyta to connect individual houses, including mine. But I wasn't asked to sign a-contract.

Dee
glang3000

Post by glang3000 »

CYTA have now replied to my email, apparently they want me to sign to confirm the fibre has been installed then they receive a Euro 120 grant from the government.

G
glang3000

Post by glang3000 »

OK,

I got to the bottom of this, the Cyprus Government pays CYTA Euro 120 subsidy on the new fibre broadband, to claim this the customer has to sign to confirm that A) before fibre he had poor quality/slow broadband and B) that he now gets super past broadband up to 200Gbs.

I asked them why they wanted to send DHL out to get it signed and would it now be better to send it over the internet, they didn't reply, just sent me the form to sign, so I have signed it on-line.

Gary.