Fabrica Hill From Above

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Fabrica Hill From Above

Post by Dominic »

Fabrica Hill is a lovely place to explore. Now complete with a walkway to deposit you near its summit, the area is full of archaeological surprises, and is still being excavated. In fact, the latest dig seems to have removed the viewpoint which used to grace the area in front of the ancient theatre. Presumably they found some historical goodies beneath it.

What you won't really be able to see in this film are the catacombs which run through the hill and provide another means of access. They too are worth exploring, but bring a torch if you do so, as some of the nooks and crannies can get quite dark.

Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
josef k

Re: Fabrica Hill From Above

Post by josef k »

Thanks for this Dominic. It's good to see the roundabout from above. I've often wondered what it looked like from tha angle.

I'm a big fan of Fabrica Hill and have regularly walked it. There is always something to see which has been newly discovered
AVO

Post by AVO »

I must have walked past this dozens of times and never actually gone up there. I will definitely do that this year.

Fascinating 360° walking video. Is the Roman Hotel still open? I noticed it on the right – I always fancied having a look inside there.
Take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit (Max Ehrmann - “Desiderata”)
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

It was closed. Apparently they were renting rooms by the hour.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
AVO

Post by AVO »

Dominic wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:06 pm It was closed. Apparently they were renting rooms by the hour.
:lol: How very Roman. They had places like that in every military town, but I don’t think they called them hotels. :oops:
Take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit (Max Ehrmann - “Desiderata”)