The New Paphos Bus Station

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
josef k

Re: The New Paphos Bus Station

Post by josef k »

In the old town, next to the Makedion theatre.
fishbeardsunset

Post by fishbeardsunset »

lefkes wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:42 am So we are talking about two different bus stations ,one on the tomb of the kings road , the other in the old town .?
Where about is this bus station, the caravel,please , lived here for twenty years and never had cause to use it .
The other bus station that is yet to open is depicted on the first page of this post- and is adjacent to Tea for Two (Tombs of the Kings Road,)
I believe that the opening date has been put back to November- but I cannot get any further updates from the Bus Company :roll:

The Karavella station was supposed to be operational from the 25th Sept in the Old Town- but I have not yet been up there to check :D
josef k

Post by josef k »

Don't forget the third bus station. Down at the harbour next to the archaeological park entrance. Once open it should free up the space next to Hondros for public parking.
Holidaymaker

Post by Holidaymaker »

The comment above about the 615 buses not going down to the harbour is interesting.
Thousands of tourists must take the bus between Coral Bay and the harbour (and the other way).
Do they really expect people to walk from the harbour to TotK road and back? Or catch 2 buses?
What a backward step, if true.
fishbeardsunset

Holidaymaker wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:57 pm The comment above about the 615 buses not going down to the harbour is interesting.
Thousands of tourists must take the bus between Coral Bay and the harbour (and the other way).
Do they really expect people to walk from the harbour to TotK road and back? Or catch 2 buses?
What a backward step, if true.
Hi there :D Yep... it's been badly thought out, and still no further information about the actual operational date either
I notice also that they have positioned an "information desk"- only metres away from the bus lanes- so that is going to get congested- and I could not see any seating areas for waiting passengers either :roll:
MiaBeth

Post by MiaBeth »

Just a thought!, This topic has been going around for over a week now and on to 2 pages. Do any of the contributors use the buses?
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

If you know where the Markideon Theatre is in the old town part of Paphos, the Karavela bus station is right next to it. Also plenty of car parking. Although it has been rebuilt now it is still in its original place.
Dee
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

It is on one of Dominics recent videos
Trev..
fishbeardsunset

Caught the 645 from Polis to the new Karavella Station-which is now up and running- early days yet as not congested- maybe people are not yet aware of all the bus routes that are serviced from this location-site although all the bus stops on both sides of the building, have the bus numbers affixed to each sign to identify where they pull into. Certainly a vast improvement to the old station and there is a new cafe just to the left hand side of the building as well :D
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

I don’t use the buses but this appears to me a strange place to have a bus station as the buses can only access it and depart from one direction, plus the geography
Time will tell when it’s operational hopefully it will be a great success and not a white elephant