ISOP the chaos begins!

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
tonee

ISOP the chaos begins!

Post by tonee »

That diversion has been working quite well up to now.A field has been made available for extra parking,but no,the selfish have to park on the road restricting traffic flow,rather walking the extra ten yards,now pupils are back.
They dont like getting their BMW/Mercs etc dirty Ha!
trevnhil

Re: ISOP the chaos begins!

Post by trevnhil »

As you rightly say, it was chaos this morning. Parents have parked on either side of the road being used for the diversion. This means that there is only enough room/width for ONE vehicle to get through.
So in effect, there is not two-way traffic, but just a single lane going in whichever direction drivers are brave enough to push through. I cannot see what more can be done unless the police have a lot of no parking cones for one side
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Maybe a police presence would help at times when ISOP is starting and finishing., plus the threat of parking fines. Plus some police signs to guide parents to where to park if nec.
How selfish can these parents be.

Dee
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Some parents of school kids are unbelievably stupid and selfish. When we lived in the UK the Police regularly had to come down and move people along. Some of The parents at ISOP were no better.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Simple solution, if you know it’s going to be chaos, rightly or wrongly, just avoid the area at those hours - they’re the same everyday. Or just go further down Mesogi Road and come back up via the road by shipshape that bring you out near the Paphos HomeMarket, it’s hardly a massive detour.

Ian
tonee

Post by tonee »

For you,coming from Polemi,maybe,so from Mesa Chorio,through Mesogi,all the way down to Lidl lights,across to hospital roundabout,then up to the post office or my pharmacy,as said,the diversion is fine,its the few inconsiderates that create the chaos!
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I went through the detour just before 12 noon today and things were a lot better. As mentioned before there is a big field that has been made available for parking, but it seems that many people do not want to use it
Trev..
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I heard this morning that the road will be open by the 18th of the Month.. Notice I did not say the work would be finished
Trev..
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

This morning 14/09/2023, there was a lot of machine activity around the area.. However, I heard a rumour that a child had been knocked down later yesterday on the road works/detour, and has been taken to Nicosia Hospital.. Does anyone have any news about the child?
Trev..
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Even though it is Saturday there is a lot of activity with men and machines today.. I wonder if the new roadway will be partly open on Monday ???
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Didn't look like it today when I drove past.

Have to say they are to be applauded for the signposting on their diversion. Compared to the complete mess in Peyia it is a real godsend.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Yes indeed the signposting on the ISOP diversion is good. They have also filled in a number of potholes with tarmac. And there are two speed humps and a 30 kmph sign recently appeared
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Blow me down, the road was open today. Full marks to whoever organised that.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Yes well done to the workers. As Dominic says the road is fully open both ways including the roundabout.
There is the usual (as before) unrestricted parking outside the Pharmacy and the Lab.
Lets hope the two businesses get back to normal as soon as possible
Trev..
tonee

Post by tonee »

What a good job as well,credit to them.