The truth about dairy products according to science...video

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

The truth about dairy products according to science...video

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Just watched this short video concerning dairy products and what a relief for me as i love eating all kind of cheeses, (specially Brie, Gruyere, Parmesan,) Gorgonzola, Greek joghurt, Kefir, etc every day. Milk products were condemned for many years as unhealthy, specially high fat ones....

So the video is only 7 minutes long and well worth to watch in my opinion.

Max
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: The truth about dairy products according to science...video

Post by Devil »

Sorry, but there is no scientific truth that can be generalised about any kind of food.For some people, milk could kill them – for others, milk could be their saviour. There is probably a lot more truth in the saying that a little of what you fancy does you good. It is possible that the word "little" in that aphorism is the key to a healthy diet!
kansas

Post by kansas »

Thanks for posting this. For several years now I have been eating high fat dairy products, especially the plain Greek yoghurt. For a variety of health reasons I need to ensure that my calcium levels remain high. The downside is that my cholesterol is also high but I've chosen not to take statins. Some researchers suggest that as you age it's better to have higher levels of cholesterol but the jury is still out on this subject....
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

kansas wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:46 am Thanks for posting this. For several years now I have been eating high fat dairy products, especially the plain Greek yoghurt. For a variety of health reasons I need to ensure that my calcium levels remain high. The downside is that my cholesterol is also high but I've chosen not to take statins. Some researchers suggest that as you age it's better to have higher levels of cholesterol but the jury is still out on this subject....
I would try to get at least 1000 mg calcium per day with your food and also get enough magnesium, Vit D and K, as calcium needs them to be absorbed properly.

Max
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

As someone who had a heart attack through a Cholesterol clogged artery, I can not understand how having excess cholesterol can be good
Trev..
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

I agree, calcification of the arteries is caused by calcium in foods like hard cheese, but it depends on the individual.
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
kansas

Post by kansas »

Thanks cyprusmax. Yes, I do all that you've suggested.