Solar panels

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Solar panels

Post by WHL »

Channel 5 tonight, there is a program on solar panels are they worth it, might answer a few questions for some, but remember i doubt if they will give the results in the uk which you will get in sunny cyprus
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Re: Solar panels

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Of course the result in Cyprus is much better. In UK one can expect ca 800 kWh/year pro installed 1 kWp solar modules, while in Cyprus it is more likely 1600-1700 kWh/per year on average. If they are on a flat roof and with optimizer installed even more.
The other good thing in Cyprus we have net-metering ....

Max
Anarita John

Re: Solar panels

Post by Anarita John »

Having pv panels in Cyprus is a no brainer,even for low users of electricity especially if you have a pool. In the UK I look on our pv panels as an investment and I will be quite happy if I get a 5% return each year. In the UK, so far, in the 3 weeks our panels were fitted, but we were not allowed get paid for export to the grid, and did not have a battery, we got a 5% return. Once we were getting paid for our export, and had a battery, we averaged an 8% return. And this was during weeks with a lot of cloud cover. On the sunniest day,with scattered clouds, we got a 14% return., exporting 17kwh to the grid.

We are on an Octopus Flux tariff and get paid £0.20 per kwh mid peak and £0.30 per kwh peak.