ATM.withdrawing? carefull

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Chaddy

ATM.withdrawing? carefull

Post by Chaddy »

About 20 minutes ago i went to draw 200 euros from the ATM machine which is outside the Express supermarket Tremithousa.It did not pay me the cash but notified me on my mobile that i HAD withdrawn the cash.Any suuggestions what i do next :?
WHL

Re: ATM.withdrawing? carefull

Post by WHL »

There has to be a contact number on the machine ring them and report it
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Contact your bank too, has it left your account?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
wilky

Post by wilky »

Ring the no on the machine happened to me but turned out I got a different receipt the machine printer was faulty nothing taken from my bank account.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

As suggested i rang the number on the ATM machine and actually spoke to a human being who could make a decision ( yes i know,unusual these days ) he said i had to contact my bank.
I phoned my bank a zillion times and they told me each time they where to busy to take my call.
I was by then a little cheesed of and fled to my nearest branch to explain my plight.
They said believe it or not to contact the ATM people ( have you ever felt your blood was boiling ) i said i had contacted them and they told me to contact you,my bank.
After much carefull thought the guy said...................come back in week.
No big deal of course but what if say that 200 euros was all i had to feed my hungry offspring for the weekend. :?
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Some time ago but I had a problem with my bank's ATM and when I phoned the help line I was told that until the ATM was physically visited by the people that maintain the ATM (and refill with cash for future use) they were unable to deal with my query. That was on a weekday so everything was sorted the next working day.

I would think that other ATMs operate in a similar way. At the moment, as far as your bank is concerned, the ATM machine did give you the money.
So until a physical check of the ATM is made not much can be done. Best to wait until Monday mid-morning, phone the ATM company, ask if that particular ATM has been checked. Explain what happened to you on Friday and take it from there. Good Luck!
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Thanks galexinda,i am waiting with baited breath until as you say next week.
daveg

Post by daveg »

I guess there will be many others to which this has happened,so it will be flagged up somewhere....
Good luck tomorrow...
glang3000

Post by glang3000 »

I visited the ATM on Makarios Ave, Alpha Bank a long time ago, not there now, It went through all the motions even with please take your cash but no money appeared, then it gave me a receipt to say I had withdrawn 200 Euro, I was about to go into the bank and the guy behind me, a young Cypriot said wait, see what happens to me, so I did, when it came to the money bit it gave out 300 Euro, he just laughed and handed me my 200, I am sure he new that would happed.

Gary.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Bingo!,,thanks to all who have advised.I have checked my humble account with my online banking this morning ( could not wait ) and they have credited me with the 200 euros that the ATM machine refused to dispence last Friday :D
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Chaddy wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:36 am Bingo!,,thanks to all who have advised.I have checked my humble account with my online banking this morning ( could not wait ) and they have credited me with the 200 euros that the ATM machine refused to dispence last Friday :D
Delighted at the outcome - amazing how this sort of thing tends to happen at the weekend or on a Public Holiday so you are kept in suspense for a longer time until the transactions clear the banking system.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Oh dear,it gets worse.ATM machines will not now accept my bank card for withdrawing money....So off i go to the bank again. :?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

And unless you are at the bank a short while before they open, there are usually queues outside..
Trev..
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Yes Trev,the last time i went to the bank ( yes my own fault but i had to get there before the weekend ) was Friday at 1.30 :shock: The last time i was in a que that long was at a wembley cup final :?
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

I think I'm correct that your bank is in Cyprus - so surprised that even the bank ATM is not accepting your card.
An alternative, if you need cash urgently, is to shop at eg a supermarket and get cashback up to €100 as part of the overall transaction.
Not sure if the cashback limit is €100 per transaction or €100 per day.
I understand BOC and Hellenic banks offer cashback using their debit cards.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

One evening last week I used my bank card at my bank's ATM. Entered pin number and then amount and requested a receipt.Card was returned.
Heard a bit of whirring in the machine and then got the message that the ATM was unable to process my request and to use another machine.
In the meantime I received a SMS stating that the transaction had been processed.
Used another of my bank's ATM followed the same procedure and money and receipt were issued.
Received a SMS stating that this transaction had been processed.
So now I had two SMS from different machines and apparently had received two amounts of money
Duly waited until the morning and I received a SMS showing a credit on the first transaction that didn't go through.
When I checked my bank account only the one withdrawal had been recorded.
I was very relieved but still kept all the SMS messages until I had completed another two transactions. Then I deleted them.