Amazon.de and UPS … Ye Gods

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
MacManiac

Amazon.de and UPS … Ye Gods

Post by MacManiac »

I had to order a small piece of kitchen equipment from Amazon.de as it was impossible to buy in Cyprus. I swallowed the exorbitant delivery charges, and waited, and waited, and waited. Expedited delivery was meant to be on the Wednesday after a Monday order. No! There was a problem. Oops. And then various tracking messages from UPS, that delivery had been rescheduled due to the customer’s instructions to the carrier. No!

Amazon Customer Service were helpful and immediately offered to refund delivery charges, after delivery. More messages from UPS, saying the customer was not at home. No!

Direct emails to UPS produced gobbledygook replies, and an offer for me to collect from Larnaca (a round trip of 380 kilometres). No! I politely pointed out that I had paid for door-to-door delivery. A somewhat confused telephone call from the delivery driver, saying he couldn’t find Argaka in Paphos. No! And this despite the fact that I sent him map coordinates.

To cap it all, Ann and I were having coffee in the front garden and we received a tracking report that UPS had tried to deliver five minutes ago but the customer was not at home. And then a final message that the item could be collected from BEI UPS. Where? What!

I despair. I really do.
Uncle D

Re: Amazon.de and UPS … Ye Gods

Post by Uncle D »

I've had a few messages when I've ordered on line, I always pick up at ACS but I still get the messages saying couldn't deliver etc, even though I have the order, I think that it may be scammers
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

They are shit. Plain and simple. They lie through their teeth too.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
JimX

Post by JimX »

This phone message is a scam, just delete it, I have recciveed the same message several times, please give me your cash and we will diliver the parcel...delete it.
Jim.
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

Just cancelled the order. This is not something I would wish to repeat.
Ams

Post by Ams »

I order quite a bit from Amazon.de and it always comes with DHL, not UPS. And it works fine with DHL, I get notifications all along and the parcels arrive in a couple of days. I do tend to opt to pick up from their office, so don't know what home delivery would be like, but I'm in town for work so it's no problem for me to collect them.

I wonder why some are UPS and some DHL?
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

I have always had impeccable service from UPS. Many tens of deliveries to this neck of the woods. Usually on my doorstep the day after ordering from Amazon, Germany, In the morning or the following day if I order in the afternoon.
josef k

Post by josef k »

I have had things ordered on Amazon.de delivered by UPS. It comes to the door here in Emba. No problems.
kansas

Post by kansas »

No problem with UPS for us either. Always the same guy, always professional. There's only been one problem with ordering from Amazon DE - a pair of sandals that came from China - obviously on a very slow boat that sank! Never arrived......
JimX

Post by JimX »

I think we have slit ways on this thread, both myself and wife have had spam mails regarding shipping from Amazon and other shippers. They ask via emails for contact details regarding shipping from several other shipperss, as we do not now use Amazon the request was ''SPAM'' just a warning no malace intended...

I have never had any problems with Amazon shipping, this is another matter.
Jim.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

I had a message today, I've not ordered anything in weeks
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy