Renewing driving licence for over 70

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
CharleyB

Re: Renewing driving licence for over 70

Post by CharleyB »

If you look at the link I provided near to the top of this string of answers, you will see that all the forms are downloadable on the site with translations along with full details of what to do.
Polly

Post by Polly »

Thanks for replies about the forms. I save all info about renewing the DL and still can't find the relevant links when I look.

The renewal date is taken from the date the doctor signed the form. I got a shock the last and first time I did it and the licence was dated far in advance but I worry that I am not going to get an appointment before the expiry date or be sent away to take in other forms.
Mandyr

Post by Mandyr »

The phone number 80002000 which I rang and booked an appointment, do I go to the Citizens Advice down Butcher Boy Road as post office was mentioned so I’m a little confused?!!!
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Mandyr wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:36 am The phone number 80002000 which I rang and booked an appointment, do I go to the Citizens Advice down Butcher Boy Road as post office was mentioned so I’m a little confused?!!!
According to the link your appointment will be at Paphos District Post Office which is in Anavargos and near to Paphos General Hospital.

'In this respect and capitalizing on their existing network, which is familiar to the citizens, they operate Citizens Centers (KE.PO.), at the District Post Offices in Lefkosia, Lemesos, Larnaka and Pafos as well as the Post Offices in Agros, Kakopetria Lefkara and Xylofagou'.

'Services at KE.PO. and for the Service Centers operated by the Welfare Service of the Deputy Ministry of Socail Welfare is by appointment only. You can arrange an appointment through the Call Center at 8000 2000 (toll free)'.
https://www.cypruspost.post/en/kentro-politi
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Polly wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:36 am Thanks for replies about the forms. I save all info about renewing the DL and still can't find the relevant links when I look.

The renewal date is taken from the date the doctor signed the form. I got a shock the last and first time I did it and the licence was dated far in advance but I worry that I am not going to get an appointment before the expiry date or be sent away to take in other forms.
Thank you for the information about the renewal date - I could never work out why the latest driving licence was dated from the 1st of the month when the renewal took place at CSC as the birth date was the 10th of the same month.