Another major road to be closed from tomorrow

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

Another major road to be closed from tomorrow

Post by trevnhil »

I have just learned that from tomorrow another busy main road on the northern side of Paphos is to close for roadworks

The road is 'Panikou Chatzipanagi'. This is the road that goes from the Basket Roundabout down to the Post Office. Although I believe it is only being closed down to the Homemarket.

This is of course devastating news for the shops down there, one of which is a Pharmacy (Amaryllis Petinou) that relies a lot on passing trade. I will certainly make the effort to get to the pharmacy, but I doubt that many others will :-(

Sadly I believe it is being closed until around Christmas time
Last edited by trevnhil on Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trev..
Jimgym

Re: Another major road to be closed from tomorrow

Post by Jimgym »

Thanks for the warning Trev, I use that road each week. Hopefully it won't be as long as you say. I really feel for the businesses.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

They better make sure they have finished the bit between PHM and ISOP before school starts again or it will be pandemonium.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Minerva

Post by Minerva »

Still open this am although there was a group of men examining the road.

I understand from the Pharmacist, that they are building a roundabout for the school!!!! There is going to be chaos

A place to avoid, I think - once they get started. x
Ruth x

Qui Me Amat, Amet et canem meum
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I can understand why you say "a place to avoid" ... However the pharmacy and the other shop there need as many people as possible to continue using them..
I for one will still be going there every day that they are open, admittedly for special reasons
Trev..
Minerva

Post by Minerva »

I attend the Diagnosis lab next Door to the Pharmacy. Trev, frequently, and I will still go by the alternative route - further down Mesogia Road, turn Left at Crossroads Lights at Shipshape and first left.

i feel so sorry for the Shops, Coffee Shops etc that have been affected by all the recent Roadworks. Have tried to support them as much as we could. x
Ruth x

Qui Me Amat, Amet et canem meum
Sheer Khan

Post by Sheer Khan »

I understand the the road will be closed to just past the exit to the Homemarket and the Pharmacy and the Blood Testing centre opposite, apparantly the Pharmacy will do home deliveries.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I have just come back from visiting the 'Amaryllis Petinou Pharmacy' .. The road past their shop and the Lab next door is now closed 'to through traffic'
But there is a well-signposted detour following the roads around the school, and you come out opposite the Home Market.
You can still park right in front of the pharmacy, and in fact, the parking is just fine..
These two shops need your support to survive, so if you can help them by still going there that would be good.
I certainly will..
Trev..