ATM's

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dot n Dash

ATM's

Post by Dot n Dash »

Beware of the ATM's appearing everywhere, just withdrew €200 at a cost of £200.74
Uncle D

Re: ATM's

Post by Uncle D »

If you withdraw cash from a cash machine (ATM) using a UK bank card, it should ask do you want them to do the exchange Yes or No, always press NO.
If you are using a UK bank card to pay for goods at a shop, if it asks do you you want to pay in Sterling or Euros, always click Euros.
This way your bank does the exchange rate and not the ATM companies
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
wantoosoon

Post by wantoosoon »

A lot of the ATMs not owned by local banks will also charge crazy fees. The one in Mesogi near Express Supermarket charges 4 euros per transaction. Or was it 6? Either way, it's a lot.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Banks everywhere in the World are not charities, ATM machines cost alot of money to install and maintain, m9st people use the machine once a week for their money withdraws, A small charge of 3e isn't a rip off in my opinion
ast

Post by ast »

It's the same with any banking now people expect them to provide services for free, those days are over. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Cyprus anks have cut back considerably in recent years on the services they provide to customers, hence the increase in ATMs.
Some ATMs charge a higher fee than others and even if you have a Cyprus Debit Card and do not use your own bank's ATM there will be a charge.
A bit like the prices at a local kiosk are dearer than the supermarkets - you are paying for the convencience.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

What is a rip off is interest rates expected to soar to 7% yet savings only get 2.5%
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
ast

Post by ast »

2.5% ??? You have your stash in the wrong accounts.
J B

Post by J B »

I withdrew with my British card at the B of C ATM in Coral Bay and didn't incur any extra charges
J B
ast

Post by ast »

Absouloutly correct JB I use Santander debit and credit and also Chase cards to withdraw from BOC machines and no charge. 8-)