Exploring Petratis Gorge - The Movie

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Exploring Petratis Gorge - The Movie

Post by Dominic »

Over the last few weeks I have exploring the area around Petratis Gorge. We first showed some drone footage of the gorge, and since then we have been trying to find a way into the gorge itself. This is not as simple as you might think, as it goes through a remote area. The film has four sections. The first section is a walking tour of one side of the gorge, as I look for a way down. The second section is an off-road drive to another area of the gorge. The third section is an attempted descent. In the final section, you actually get to see what it is like at the bottom.

I was going to release this as four separate films, but this sort of film tends to have a niche audience. So instead I have combined the four films into one big one. That way people interested can watch them and I wont inundate other people with content they don't want to see.

But I do urge you to watch it, even if you skip lots and just take in a few scenes. The gorge itself is a fantastic place, and the more people who know about it, the less chance it has of being turned into a quarry at some point in the future.

Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
jagwheels

Re: Exploring Petratis Gorge - The Movie

Post by jagwheels »

Absolutely brilliant video but scared the shit out of me. The thought of a snake bight. falling into a ravine & driving on that track encouraged me to reach for another tot. Cheers Dominic :D
Cornelia

Post by Cornelia »

Thank you, Dominic. Fantastic film.
brengreen

Post by brengreen »

Great video. Not a drive for a hire car😂. I prefer these videos as I can walk the seafront myself. Thanks for sharing
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Wow wow, really fantastic.
Louise :)
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

What an absolute fabulous video
I think we should call you “Indiana” Dominic from your fabulous driving skills to your tenacity to getting to the floor of the Gorge
nature at its best when you look at the rocks and flora just totally wonderful
Thank you Dominic I thoroughly enjoyed it you are exceptional brave ……Bravo 👏👏👏👏
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Gosh I am all embarrassed now. Thank you. :)

I have actually got an Indiana Jones hat. However it has never been the same since it went through the washing machine, following an accident with some balsamic vinegar. It is now my official gardening hat.

As to the gorge, I am still on the lookout for an easier route down.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.