Jet2Holidays - flying into Paphos from Liverpool

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
PhotoLady

Jet2Holidays - flying into Paphos from Liverpool

Post by PhotoLady »

Is this news going to bring a smile to anyone's face?

It's certainly brought one to mine, knowing that we no longer need to suffer the torment of the "NEW" T2 at Manchester Airport :D

I shan't be booking anything just yet though, it's too early - I'm giving it time to make sure it definitely gets off the ground.... no bums on seats could mean a switch to the dreaded MAN :cry:

https://www.explore-liverpool.com/jet2- ... liverpool/
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
WHL

Re: Jet2Holidays - flying into Paphos from Liverpool

Post by WHL »

I was talking to someone today and they said a company called tus was flying from liverpool ive never heard of them myself
ast

Post by ast »

TUS have been on the go for 5 or 6 yrs now and are primeraly out of Larnaca but they do limited number of flights from Paphos, was not aware they flew to the UK at all.
Have tried to use them myself a couple of times but nothing worked for me at the time. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
ast

Post by ast »

PhotoLady wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:07 pm Is this news going to bring a smile to anyone's face?

It's certainly brought one to mine, knowing that we no longer need to suffer the torment of the "NEW" T2 at Manchester Airport :D

I shan't be booking anything just yet though, it's too early - I'm giving it time to make sure it definitely gets off the ground.... no bums on seats could mean a switch to the dreaded MAN :cry:

https://www.explore-liverpool.com/jet2- ... liverpool/
No smile to my face but thanks for the info, Not sure what the problem with Manchester T2 is, have used it seven times this year up to now and not one issue, perhaps you could enlighten us.

Not a Jet 2 fan either but when needs must and all that, I flew a couple of weeks ago with them on their 35 year old B757 , a right old bone shaker that one. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Probably needs a wheel tapper and shunter to go round with a hammer and knock some rivets back in place.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

ast wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:30 am No smile to my face but thanks for the info, Not sure what the problem with Manchester T2 is, have used it seven times this year up to now and not one issue, perhaps you could enlighten us.

Not a Jet 2 fan either but when needs must and all that, I flew a couple of weeks ago with them on their 35 year old B757 , a right old bone shaker that one. 8-)
Well, I've been using Manchester Airport since the very early 80s when I first began travelling.

Since the latest revamp of T2 - there are less seats available in the Departure public areas, less seating in the food outlets which cause horrendous queues.

The security staff are the most miserable ever and again - long queues.

We came to live in Cyprus in 2004 - using Manchester for all of our travel for the 15+ years before we left UK and the Arrivals Hall - baggage collection specifically, was always taking far too long waiting at the carousels for bags to come through.

Returning to UK in 2016 - absolutely nothing had changed.
Then the revamp happened - as did Covid a few years later.

There's still a shortage of staff in all departments behind the scenes.

We finally managed to get a flight to a destination we wanted to travel to - from Liverpool airport (which we had always used when we began to visit my parents back in UK from the winter of 2013, flying from LCA). A much simple procedure.

So, last month - we used Liverpool for a holiday to Spain.
Taking the bus from the city centre where we had spent a couple of days (£2 trip) and headed into the terminal building.
We were too early for the check in - indicated by the desk it would open 2hrs before our flight time.
Anyway, we asked if we could check in for our flight and was told yes - no problem at all.

Less than 30 minutes after walking through the front doors of the terminal building, we were through Check-In, through the Security Check and in the Departure lounge having a couple of glasses of wine with a view across the airport.

The return was just as simple - straight off the flight, into the terminal building - a short zigzag through to Passport / Border Control, manned by real people (who smiled) at a booth (no e-Gates to slow things up) and our bags were already coming through on the carousel when we got to the collection point.
Total time from arrival to leaving the building - just 20 minutes, including a loo stop.

Needless to say, our next trip is already booked.

We use easyJet Holidays mostly now, and at Manchester - they don't use T2, but the check-in and security check is still just as bad - as is passport check on the return.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"