SMART PARKING IN PAFOS

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
galexinda

Re: SMART PARKING IN PAFOS

Post by galexinda »

Polly wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:40 am Does the sms method work with pay as you go?
Yes, it is just the same as sending / receiving any other SMS. Just make sure you have enough credit on your PAYG phone.

At the moment there is the option to use the App, use the SMS system or insert a coin. The coin method is being phased out.

More detailed information about the Smart Parking Terms of Use in this link:

https://pafos.org.cy/smartparkingtermsofuse/
mark4007

Post by mark4007 »

i agree... first time you use the app its awkward fiddly and you're probably in a rush..

But one soon gets used to it...
Jamboal

Post by Jamboal »

I used the sms number for parking on Monday, very easy and you get a reminder 5 minutes before your time expires giving you the option to extend your parking time. Prefer this to the app as I’m not down in Paphos very often.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, I use this system too, as you say very easy, can be done with any mobile phone. No need to use the App or a smart phone.

Dee
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

So, if I go to Paphos in the morning, where do I find what to enter in my phone
Trev..
johnandjen1

Post by johnandjen1 »

As Louise said earlier…

“…… You send a message to number 9191 mentioning the parking lot number where you are parked. You get a confirmation and also another message when your parking time is nearly finished.”
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

So, what does the message need to say.?? The car park space number ? And the car registration ?
Trev..
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Just the space number painted on the ground in each space.

Ian
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thanks for that Ian..
Trev..
brengreen

Post by brengreen »

Not much use if you are a tourist with a UK mobile as the message won't send. The other machine took cash if you have €1 change.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

For the first time today, I used the SMS system.. I tried to get a ticket from the machine and the 1 euro coin for 30 minutes went straight through the machine..
So, I sent an SMS with just the number on the car parking space.. I got a message saying I had been charged 1-17. I got another message after 25 minutes saying to drive away or pay more money.
I assume the 17 cents was for using the money on my phone
Trev..
trireme

Post by trireme »

Can the smart parking app be used by tourists with a UK registered mobile phone, loaded with pounds sterling...?
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Probably not... much simpler to put a1 euro coin in the slot at the meter which gives you 2 hrs parking.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

trevnhil wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:16 pm For the first time today, I used the SMS system.. I tried to get a ticket from the machine and the 1 euro coin for 30 minutes went straight through the machine..
So, I sent an SMS with just the number on the car parking space.. I got a message saying I had been charged 1-17. I got another message after 25 minutes saying to drive away or pay more money.
'These include via SMS, with an agreement made with Cyta, Epic and Primetel, whereby a message sent to 9191 will enable the cost to be tagged onto customers’ mobile phone bills at a €1 charge,'
https://cyprusdriving.net/paphos-gets-s ... prus-mail/

This is a quote from an article dated July 2022, so the charge by the phone company if you use the SMS system may have changed in the meantime.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Kili01 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:48 pm Probably not... much simpler to put a1 euro coin in the slot at the meter which gives you 2 hrs parking.
But the point today was that the meter was not working. I put a one-euro coin in and it just went straight through. Also, it was 1 euro for only 30 minutes, so no two-hour parking where I was
Trev..
trireme

Post by trireme »

Kili01 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:48 pm Probably not... much simpler to put a1 euro coin in the slot at the meter which gives you 2 hrs parking.
Thanks for replying, I'm led to believe that
the coin meters are being phased out, does anyone know when that will happen....roughly..?
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

trevnhil wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:16 pm For the first time today, I used the SMS system.. I tried to get a ticket from the machine and the 1 euro coin for 30 minutes went straight through the machine..
Don’t think so Trev, unless things have changed since the launch last summer, see the long post of mine in the thread I’ve linked below, you were charged 17 cents for parking and €1 from the mobile operator for using the SMS function on your mobile which should show on your next monthly or from your PAYG balance depending on whether you have a pay monthly or PAYG service. So if that had been me using the app, it would have cost only 17 cents.

viewtopic.php?t=17278

Ian
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I will have to check up but it will have to be another day
Trev..
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

If your coin goes straight through the meter again just rub it on the ground it should then hold
brengreen

Post by brengreen »

Trireme. I tried to use the test method with my uk registered phone and it wouldn't send the message.