Waterproof Lacquer

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Oakland

Waterproof Lacquer

Post by Oakland »

Hi Guys

From your experience , what is the best and durable waterproof lacquer to be used on stone work , to seal it and keep it looking good for years . We would prefer a gloss finish but if good Matt would be ok .

Please provide name and where to purchase .

We currently use Kraft Stone Care Aqua , Acrylic Water Based , but not finding it durable .

Thanks

Les
71 Trans Am

Re: Waterproof Lacquer

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Water based coatings still have a long way to go before they are anywhere near as good as other coatings - Currently widely promoted as the way forward in the car paints refinishing industry certainly in the UK they are a nightmare even when used in paint oven they need a constant flow of air over the surface in order to dry provided by a diffuser - Water based is effected by sunlight (ultra violet) rain and moisture (acidic content) temperature (flaking) and its adhesion properties are pathetic - If you can still access it in Cyprus i would try Acrylic two pack clearcoat in either matt or gloss - Never really had any problems coating any material with this in the UK but cannot say what it would be like in Cyprus - worth a try though
glowred

Post by glowred »

I don't know the make but in one stop they have stone varnish which is spirit based.

Neil
Oakland

Post by Oakland »

Hi Guys

Thanks for the response , we will try to find Acrylic Two Pack , but not heard of it , we will go to One Stop and check their stock .
Will have to try and contact a business in the UK who do similar work and see what they use .

But I appreciate your response

Les
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »