New Cyta fibre internet.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
JimX

New Cyta fibre internet.

Post by JimX »

New Cyta fibre internet, how are members finding this new system, I get near the Cyta router over 200MBS but still get freezing on my Mag systems, how are you doing? :geek:
Jim.
WHL

Re: New Cyta fibre internet.

Post by WHL »

If your having Freezing at those speeds , it is more your tv providers fault then cyta.
TonyL

Post by TonyL »

Had it installed a few weeks back. Also 200Mbps. No freezing of TV on MAG so far....touch wood. :D
Mighty Sprite

Post by Mighty Sprite »

Exactly the same as Jim. 200Mbs but still freezing and stuttering. Only sometimes and only with 1080HD.

Not enough bandwidth with the speed?

Asked my TV provider and he said complain to Cyta (but maybe he would!)
JimX

Post by JimX »

WHL no not the case as I also run the same service provider on a totally separate system and account that has no freezing problems, maybe the Cyta router needs replacing?.

I will contact Cyta soon..
Jim.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

JimX wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:38 am WHL no not the case as I also run the same service provider on a totally separate system and account that has no freezing problems, maybe the Cyta router needs replacing?.

I believe that it is good practice to disconnect the router from the mains (pull the plug on the back for a minute or so) at least once a week – it will take a few minutes to reboot after you switch the power on again. I find that that usually improves picture quality if I get glitching.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Devil hello......I have been doing that every day! but thanks.
Jim.
mark4007

Post by mark4007 »

JimX wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:38 am WHL no not the case as I also run the same service provider on a totally separate system and account that has no freezing problems, maybe the Cyta router needs replacing?.

Even if you both have the same iptv privider there couod be a mirriad of reasons for different performances.

Do a search on google for "How to stop IPTV buffering – Ultimate Guide" to see common issues.