Building Permit

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Expresspete

Building Permit

Post by Expresspete »

Looking for advice from this knowledgeable site please?
With regard to PV Net Metering on my house (in Peyia), whose responsibility is it to acquire the necessary Building Permit for the installation (is it mine or is it the installation company)? If it is my responsibility, can anyone ‘baby step’ me through the process and where I must go to get it done please?
Thank you in advance Pete
Living the Sunshine dream 8-)
jeba

Re: Building Permit

Post by jeba »

When I had mine installed I gave the company I bought it from power of attorney to apply for permission on my behalf. That was all I had do (except for having my signature certified by the mayor).
mark4007

Post by mark4007 »

Expresspete wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:29 pm Looking for advice from this knowledgeable site please?
With regard to PV Net Metering on my house (in Peyia), whose responsibility is it to acquire the necessary Building Permit for the installation (is it mine or is it the installation company)? If it is my responsibility, can anyone ‘baby step’ me through the process and where I must go to get it done please?
Thank you in advance Pete
its your responsibility but many of the installation companies will help.. always good to ask them.. also ask any neighbour who has had PV installed near you..
Mighty Sprite

Post by Mighty Sprite »

The installation company did mine. All included in the price.
kansas

Post by kansas »

The installation company also did ours as well - a turnkey solution
Expresspete

Post by Expresspete »

Thanks everyone. The (very famous in the area) company I’m using has now completed the installation, including 3 phase, and then called me asking for the Building Permit. There was a long silence on the phone when I replied no because you said you were going to obtain it……That was 10 days ago and they still don’t have it
Living the Sunshine dream 8-)
Mighty Sprite

Post by Mighty Sprite »

Are we talking about the same building permit here?

The EAc needs the building permit for the house before they will proceed. I had to go to the planning department to get mine as I only had the title deeds.

Any permit for the EV panels was done by the installer.