Central Paphos and Old Town

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Central Paphos and Old Town

Post by Dominic »

Central Paphos is gradually getting transformed. Well, the roads are, anyway. In this film we start at the Lidl Roundabout and drive down to Kennedy Square. From there we head to the museum and loop back to Old Town. We finish after driving through Moutallos at the Chloraka Green Point.

Along the way, note how much of the road is now complete. There is still a way to go, but the new road is taking shape nicely. Beyond Kennedy Square, you can see the finished product. Also note that they have cleared away any sign of the Carnival!

Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Yioula

Re: Central Paphos and Old Town

Post by Yioula »

Its coming along slowly I think the red plates will have great difficulty still negotiating the Old Town

Great driving Dominic as you appeared to be a target !!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Yes it was a good job I wasn't doing a commentary on that one as the air turned a bit blue!

Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

How many miles of roadworks are there with no one working on them? No wonder it is taking for ever to complete. I find driving in Paphos to be an absolute nightmare, and all those little concrete bollards. It’s like something out of a science fiction film.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I thought that I knew most of the alternative routes around the old town. But that was before the road pst the Old Post Office and the M&S food store was also closed.The annoying thing is that this road has been closed for nearly a week now, but there has been no work there yet. I heard while in the town this morning that essential services will at some point be laid there. So I am expecting that road to be closed for some time.
This makes navigation inside the old town even more challenging.

I pity the poor Red Plates trying to find their way.

Advice is stay away if not there for essential business...
Dee
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

At least you can get up and down the road from Kennedy Square now
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

True! But if coming up from the direction of the harbour, you need to turn right at the traffic lights at the top of the hill, as some of the road which leads on to the new roundabout under construction and the lower part of Ellados Ave, is one way, downwards towards the harbour.
😠 In fact driving anywhere in the old town area is like a game of snakes and ladders!

Dee