Foreign leaders congratulate Christodoulides on win

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Foreign leaders congratulate Christodoulides on win

Post by Paphos Life »

Foreign leaders and other officials congratulated president-elect Nikos Christodoulides on Sunday evening following his victory in the second round of the presidential elections. President of the European Commission Ursula von der Leyen and the President of the European Parliament Roberta Metsola sent congratulatory messages to the president-elect. Greek Prime Minister...

Read the article and chat about it below...
Kili01

Re: Foreign leaders congratulate Christodoulides on win

Post by Kili01 »

Have just read all the news about the election of Nicos Christodoulou, and it all sounds very promising! He is the youngest president so far at 49, and also comes with a dynamic younger wife who is also highly qualified. They are both described as experienced career diplomats.

He was also elected by a wide range of voters from across the political parties. I say good luck to him, he has a difficult job to do and I really hope that his new approach will be successful!

Dee
Sheer Khan

Post by Sheer Khan »

Been nice if we had been allowed to vote for him
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Sheer Khan wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:04 pm Been nice if we had been allowed to vote for him
you could have done if you had applied for and taken Cypriot nationality!
WHL

Post by WHL »

Sheer Khan wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:04 pm Been nice if we had been allowed to vote for him
Most expats can't be bothered to learn the basics of the local laungage, and I've spoken to some expats who have lived over here for years, and couldn't tell
you who their local mayor was, let alone who the President of Cyprus was, why should they be allowed to vote, ?
You ha e the option of taking out citizenship and enjoy all the things that locals have including voting at elections
Sheer Khan

Post by Sheer Khan »

I know exactly what alot of the Brits are like, thats why we avoid them like the plague, we have rmany Cypriot friends
, we have coffee with them, we go to their homrs for meals they come to our house for meals, we have had 14/16 at one time, i can get by with the language usually with much amusement from the Cypriots, i playTavli at the village coffeeshop, badly , so we enjoy everything possible, we just cannot vote for somebody who will effect our everyday life , unlike the Cypriot people in the UK, i am a bit old to spend one or two years getting citizenship
WHL

Post by WHL »

Sheer Khan wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:06 pm I know exactly what alot of the Brits are like, thats why we avoid them like the plague, we have rmany Cypriot friends
, we have coffee with them, we go to their homrs for meals they come to our house for meals, we have had 14/16 at one time, i can get by with the language usually with much amusement from the Cypriots, i playTavli at the village coffeeshop, badly , so we enjoy everything possible, we just cannot vote for somebody who will effect our everyday life , unlike the Cypriot people in the UK, i am a bit old to spend one or two years getting citizenship
Mate you sound as thou you have got the right balance to living over here, and its good to hear your having an enjoyable retirement
Ive heard of people getting citizenship in under a year thou, good luck