Evening All

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
71 Trans Am

Evening All

Post by 71 Trans Am »

I have just joined this site and would like to say hello to you all - I have followed C/L for some time now but as it is closing i have decided to join Paphos Life - I can already see that many of the old gang are here and hope this will be a good place to exchange info as C/L has been in the past.

Best Regards to you all

Alan
PW in Polemi

Re: Evening All

Post by PW in Polemi »

Evening Alan
Hope you're not too cold wherever you are! I was never a CL member, just a lurker - I would not have been able to stomach JC adding his 2 ha'p'orth to any of my posts, so I knew I'd be banned sooner or later! :lol:
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Hi PW
Could never really understand his attitude - What he said was Law - Nobody else was entitled to an opinion - and if members did not play the game his way he took the ball home and that was the end of the game - He would lock posts in the middle of a discussion regardless of peoples concerns - That said it was a very informative site and obviously the members made it what it became - I have watched many come and go over the years for expressing an opinion I think the first i saw go was Polemi Dave from your area many years ago - maybe he will turn up on here - This could be the site many members have waited for - I would be interested to hear other opinions as i am sure my observations were not alone.

Alan
Maggie

Post by Maggie »

Totally agree 71 Trans Am. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . But, with all forums - I hope most folks know when to 'hold their tongues.'

I suppose it is all down to what each of us feels is acceptable. Never easy to get a 'Happy Medium.' 🤔🤔🤔

Maggie B
sueb

Post by sueb »

New name, new site, New Year coming!

The past is the past. Move on and enjoy the future.

It is up to use to make the site work for all.
Happy to be back on the Island!
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Hi Trans Am
You are absolutely right what you are saying, I was so upset about J's attitude, that I stopped
posting for many month. He could argue about silly things like the weather as HIS forecast site
was always right....he was even jealous when somebody was living more years in CY that him.
(I am here since the early 80th) and he topped it when he was saying "I hate Germans"
to me (as I am holding Swiss and German passports) But I hope this is not happening on this new
site and I am looking forward to post my experience of 40 years CY to new members on here.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I agree Sueb. The past is the past. And in fairness to the CL admin, he didn't stop me posting about this site on CL. If he had done I would probably be talking to myself on here right now. :)
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

I had many arguments with Jim on CL. He started to put his bright blue remarks on my post's. However I discovered that I coulsd remove them under the EDIT button. I wish him well.
All things are possible
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

71 Trans Am wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:05 pm I have watched many come and go over the years for expressing an opinion I think the first i saw go was Polemi Dave from your area many years ago - maybe he will turn up on here.
Alan
Hi Alan
Ssshhhh, don't tell everybody, PD is my OH and he is already a member here, too.
Mind, with so many members from Polemi, plus of course, Dominic/Admin, perhaps the forum name should be changed to POLEMI Life :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

PW in Polemi wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:22 pm
71 Trans Am wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:05 pm I have watched many come and go over the years for expressing an opinion I think the first i saw go was Polemi Dave from your area many years ago - maybe he will turn up on here.
Alan
Hi Alan
Ssshhhh, don't tell everybody, PD is my OH and he is already a member here, too.
Mind, with so many members from Polemi, plus of course, Dominic/Admin, perhaps the forum name should be changed to POLEMI Life :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Aha. Worked out who you are now. Your secret is safe with me!I
Ian
surreyboy

Post by surreyboy »

Nice to be here! It's the members of a forum that make it work, not the owner (with all due respect to you Dominic), which is why we are all here in spite of Jim, who seemed to me to be ultra-authoritarian and egotistic.
Happy New Year to all.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Maggie wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:25 pm :lol: Never easy to get a 'Happy Medium.' 🤔🤔🤔

Maggie B
Apparently Doris Stokes was....