3,000-year-old wishing well uncovered in Germany

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

3,000-year-old wishing well uncovered in Germany

Post by cyprusmax47 »

I found this article today in the press and want to share it here as I think it is quite nice to see what happens if you are careful when exploring new building sites. I wish that also in Cyprus, before they start a new building project, are similar careful and not to try and hide it as it is happening many times....

(by the way, what they found there belonged to the so called Hallstatt period.) When I was about 20, I participated in similar excavations for a German Museum as a volunteer archaeologist for exactly this period of time.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/3-000-old-wi ... 36462.html

Max
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Re: 3,000-year-old wishing well uncovered in Germany

Post by cyprusmax47 »

What amazes me how little interest is on the forum when i post something about archaeology. The type of pottery in this article can be found also in Cyprus, but is thousands of years older then....

Max
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

It's not just Archaeology. I will get many more Facebook views showing a picture or film of the sea front than of anything to do with the countryside. You just have to decide whether you want to show stuff that interests you or just appeal to the masses. As I get an income from appealing to the masses, I have to do both. But you don't.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Ancient History

Post by Ancient History »

A very interesting time capsule. Thank you for posting.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Ancient History wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:22 am A very interesting time capsule. Thank you for posting.
Working on sites of the "Hallstatt period" made me coming to Cyprus for holidays when it was possible back in 1970. In the end I decided to stay here for good, which is nearly 40 years now. Also many members of the GNM (German National Museum) were visiting Cyprus before the war and after.
This type of tourism needs CY also nowadays, not only beach & sun and cheap booze...

Max
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

cyprusmax47 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:17 am
Ancient History wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:22 am A very interesting time capsule. Thank you for posting.
Working on sites of the "Hallstatt period" made me coming to Cyprus for holidays when it was possible back in 1970. In the end I decided to stay here for good, which is nearly 40 years now. Also many members of the GNM (German National Museum) were visiting Cyprus before the war and after.
This type of tourism needs CY also nowadays, not only beach & sun and cheap booze...

Max
Indeed Cyprus has so much to offer. A great country to live.
Louise :)