Harry & Meghan

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Harry & Meghan

Post by Dominic »

When I watched her in Suits I thought she was white, not that it mattered.

The thing turns me against Harry and Meghan is that they said they were stepping down for a quiet, private life, which is the exact opposite of what they are actually doing.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Just watched the first episode, and I like Harry and Megan more.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

I have no feelings for any of the Royal Family since the demise of Her Majesty.

I am watching out of curiosity, but I can't judge them as some presume to do. No-one truly knows what goes on behind closed doors.

That said, from what we have heard, from both his parents, Harry must had had a troubled, and indeed sad, childhood. What effects that has in adult hood, we can only guess.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Mike1940

Post by Mike1940 »

I think this will all come back to bite them both on the bum. She is an actress who knows when to perform..... personal opinion
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Hopefully with the release of the 2nd part of the Netflix video, interest in this sad couple (H&M) will wane. So to speak, they've made their bed they must lie in it....
I suppose, as much as an outsider can, that both of the brothers must have had similar experiences and memories of their childhood. I didn't think it was right that the two young boys had to walk behind their Mother's coffin in full public gaze, during Princess Diana's funeral cortege.
But really Prince William has handled it all so much better than his brother.

Dee
J B

Post by J B »

From another forum ....

Harry turned his back on his family because his wife didn't get on with his family, plenty do that and anyone with any life shouldn't care less, it goes on all that time.

I dont approve of his behavior since then, if he wanted to leave he should have p!ssed off and been like anyone else, but doing that means he's without a platform or income, so to keep his high maintenance wife interested in him he has to be a dramatic little bitch like, just like her.

He's probably a bit of a lost soul, brought up by staff and in the public eye, divorced parents, loosing his mum at a young age, a father who's a rather a distant and unhappy character (due to he himself having an cold upbringing and marrying a women he wasnt keen on) and then realizing his looks are nothing like the trademark royal inbred features but rather like the man his mother used to befriend, hardly a recipe for a balanced personality.
J B
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

J B wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:21 pm then realizing his looks are nothing like the trademark royal inbred features but rather like the man his mother used to befriend, hardly a recipe for a balanced personality.
His paternity has been questioned time and time again. I can hardly believe that he has never left any DNA for a newspaper reporter to collect and have analysed all that he himself has had analysed. I admit that his ginger hair is not usual in the modern royalty but there is sufficient evidence of it in the 16th to 18th centuries. The nameless third-party, who suggests that Harry's father may not have been who he is purported to be, may or may not think as he likes – let's be honest, who on this forum has never thought about the subject? Above all, who on this forum has any proof of Harry's paternity or, for that matter, maybe their own?
WHL

Post by WHL »

Kili01 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:15 pm Hopefully with the release of the 2nd part of the Netflix video, interest in this sad couple (H&M) will wane. So to speak, they've made their bed they must lie in it....
I suppose, as much as an outsider can, that both of the brothers must have had similar experiences and memories of their childhood. I didn't think it was right that the two young boys had to walk behind their Mother's coffin in full public gaze, during Princess Diana's funeral cortege.
But really Prince William has handled it all so much better than his brother.

Dee
I think William like his brother has alot of mental problems, and who wouldn't when their mother was used and then disposed of by the establishment
WHL

Post by WHL »

Heard her called a gold digger, after watching another episode its clear she was far from this, she was a succesful actress and had her own business, plus she is a very intelligent lady, total opposite of how the UK media portrayed her.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Gosh she comes across well in a film she helped produce. What a surprise.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
living the dream

Post by living the dream »

Successful Actress !!! Really a few bit parts until Suits and 9 Film Parts non of which would be classed as a Blockbuster - for a woman who bleats on about her "Black Heritage" why does she spend so much on Hairdressers having her afro hair straightened ?? - what happened to the quiet life they wanted - ever since leaving the UK for a new life in the USA they have made sure that they are constantly in the papers or on TV, hypocrites the pair of them and Meghan's piss take of alleged curtsy to the queen is the final straw - Strip Them Of ALL Titles so they are just plain Harry & Meghan and then see how long interest in their B---S--T continues
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I think that William is inherently far more intelligent than his brother. He appears to have more grit and determination and went to university. He also became a competent pilot, until required for a senior role in the RF. Where he scored was by taking his time to decide who to marry. An intelligent fellow graduate, sensible and British. His judgement in choosing Kate has paid dividends. They have it seems established a good, happy marraige and Kate has adapted exceptionally well (unlike Megan) to a new life in a very prominent position.
She seems to fully support her husband and children, and still finds time for many public engagements.
Thus she is an asset to her husband and must put him in a much more stable position compared with his brother who obviously married the wrong sort of person incapable of adapting to her husbands role.

Dee
WHL

Post by WHL »

Kili01 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:54 pm I think that William is inherently far more intelligent than his brother. He appears to have more grit and determination and went to university. He also became a competent pilot, until required for a senior role in the RF. Where he scored was by taking his time to decide who to marry. An intelligent fellow graduate, sensible and British. His judgement in choosing Kate has paid dividends. They have it seems established a good, happy marraige and Kate has adapted exceptionally well (unlike Megan) to a new life in a very prominent position.
She seems to fully support her husband and children, and still finds time for many public engagements.
Thus she is an asset to her husband and must put him in a much more stable position compared with his brother who obviously married the wrong sort of person incapable of adapting to her husbands role.

Dee
Says it all :roll:
Princebytor

Post by Princebytor »

WHL wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:59 pm
Kili01 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:54 pm I think that William is inherently far more intelligent than his brother. He appears to have more grit and determination and went to university. He also became a competent pilot, until required for a senior role in the RF. Where he scored was by taking his time to decide who to marry. An intelligent fellow graduate, sensible and British. His judgement in choosing Kate has paid dividends. They have it seems established a good, happy marraige and Kate has adapted exceptionally well (unlike Megan) to a new life in a very prominent position.

Dee
Says it all :roll:
I'm not bothered what colour she is or where she is from............the way she has treated her father is appalling. It is laughable that she is winning awards for human rights and she can't even treat her own father with some respect !!!
fishbeardsunset

Post by fishbeardsunset »

I watched all 6 episodes and was “mildly entertained” but it was heavily skewed to appeal largely towards the “ NETFLIX American market” as opposed to the British (IMHO)

That aside, the "Firm" are not exactly squeeky clean are they. (Prince Andrew and his friendship with Jefferey Epstein, & Gislaine Maxwell and Charles’s “ongoing “relationship with Camilla whilst still married to Diana....

There is of course the “Kohinoor diamond” which arguably is one of the most famous and controversial jewels in the world. It was “acquired” by Gov General of India Lord Dalhousie in 1849 who imprisoned the mother of the then 10-year-old Maharaja Duleep Singh and forced him to hand over the jewel.
It was then “gifted” to Queen Victoria who wore it as a brooch and later it was added to the “Crown Jewels” and was on display atop the Queen Mothers coffin at her funeral in 2002 and recently also adorned the coffin of the late Queen Elizabeth’s coffin at her funeral in Sept 2022

Ironically, Queen Victoria was captivated by Dalip Singh (1838-93) when first introduced to him in 1854, the year in which he was brought to England. It was during one of her sessions posing for a portrait that the young Maharaja got a chance to hold his once most precious possession the fabled Koh-i-noor diamond which had been recut to almost half its former size by Prince Albert in an attempt to improve its brilliance.

After looking at the diamond for a few seconds Duleep Singh handed it back to the Queen. The story of his handling the diamond over to the Queen, made headlines all over the world. When Lord Dalhousie heard of the matter, it was reported that he flew into a rage.

Indians want King Charles III to return Kohinoor, a massive 105-carat diamond. Now, with the passing of Queen Elizabeth II, many in the country are ramping up the campaign for the $591 million jewel to be sent back to them. "It is a stark reminder of what colonialism truly was: shameless subjugation, coercion, and misappropriation."

There is an interesting BBC video here: about the history of the diamond :
https://www.bbc.com/reel/video/p0dp2x1q ... own-jewels
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Sorry, but the Kohinoor is a total red herring because it has nothing whatsoever to do with Harry and Meghan and is out of place in this thread.
Big Al

Post by Big Al »

These two people, I have no interest in one way or the other, but what slightly grates me about the two of them, they want a quiet life, that's fine, I don't blame them for the children.
But he wants the UK taxpayers to pay for his security, but he wanted a half in half out part of the monarchy !

Well apparently you have just been paid 88 million for this from Netflix, well you can now afford your own security.
So if you want a quiet life, just blend into the background and no one needs to hear for the two of them again.
Al
fishbeardsunset

Devil wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:12 pm Sorry, but the Kohinoor is a total red herring because it has nothing whatsoever to do with Harry and Meghan and is out of place in this thread.
Really ???????

Upping its ante against the British Royal family, the Duchess of Sussex has now promised that she will return the Kohinoor to its rightful owners, that is India. “It is my way of trying to right the historical wrong,” she said.

Her promise to return the Kohinoor, taken away by the British East India Company and currently part of the British Crown Jewels, comes just hours after her announcement of joining the Indian nationalist party the Bharatiya Janata Party. She, along with her husband Prince Harry, will join the New York Branch of the BJP to contest the 2024 US presidential elections against Kamala Harris.

Speaking to OpIndia, Meghan said that she is appalled at the looting done by the British Royal family over the years and cannot wrap her head around the entitlement of the Royal Family.
Steve - SJD

Post by Steve - SJD »

fishbeardsunset wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:57 pm
Devil wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:12 pm Sorry, but the Kohinoor is a total red herring because it has nothing whatsoever to do with Harry and Meghan and is out of place in this thread.
Really ???????
Please - one article posted on one Indian news site in 2021 - how hard did you have to look to find that?

Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's true.

Personally, from what I have seen, I don't like either of them - but let's not add to the circus.

Cheers

Steve
fishbeardsunset

Steve - SJD wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:15 pm
fishbeardsunset wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:57 pm
Really ???????
Please - one article posted on one Indian news site in 2021 - how hard did you have to look to find that?

Answer: not very hard as the article was written as pure satire anyway 8-) (albeit not in very good taste)

Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's true. That's true but I never said it was...

Personally, from what I have seen, I don't like either of them - but let's not add to the circus. (That's your opinion I was just responding to Devil's inane comment that it was "red herring" and was out of place in this thread-- says who????

Cheers and Cheers to you also

Steve