Interruption of 5-yr temporary residency because of Covid (away longer than 90 days)

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
CanadaNatasha22

Interruption of 5-yr temporary residency because of Covid (away longer than 90 days)

Post by CanadaNatasha22 »

My father was away from Cyprus for more than 90 days during the first year of Covid because of all the obvious complications and risks of travel, and would otherwise have no problem getting his MUKW3 in mid-2023 (5 yrs with the yellow slip, owns a house). Has anyone on this forum had a similar experience and gone through the process of applying for the MUKW3, or the EU version?
Kili01

Re: Interruption of 5-yr temporary residency because of Covid (away longer than 90 days)

Post by Kili01 »

Best check with with the Immigration Dept.
Is his existing yellow slip an MEU1 or an MEU3?

Dee
CanadaNatasha22

Re: Interruption of 5-yr temporary residency because of Covid (away longer than 90 days)

Kili01 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:05 pm Best check with with the Immigration Dept.
Is his existing yellow slip an MEU1 or an MEU3?

Dee
His existing yellow slip is MEU1, and from what I've read in this forum and others it's almost impossible to get someone on the phone in the Immigration Dept.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

You have to go to Immigration and queue. If you're in Limassol area, go there, if in Paphos area then, Paphos Immigration. If you already have a solicitor here, they might be able to find out for you.
Dee
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

I emailed Immigration direct after being delayed in the UK for 8 months due to surgery. I had a reply within the hour telling me to print and carry with me any evidence for the delay. I have been back to Cyprus 3 times since and had no issues entering or leaving. With an MEU1, he would be entitled to be out of the Republic for upto 6 months.
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.
jeba

Post by jeba »

Just out of curiosity: For how long can you leave Cyprus without your MEU3 getting void?
CanadaNatasha22

Diocletian wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:42 am I emailed Immigration direct after being delayed in the UK for 8 months due to surgery. I had a reply within the hour telling me to print and carry with me any evidence for the delay. I have been back to Cyprus 3 times since and had no issues entering or leaving. With an MEU1, he would be entitled to be out of the Republic for upto 6 months.
Thanks for that, and we're happy to learn you can email Immigration and get a response. He was out of the Republic longer than 6 months, and proof of why isn't much more than difficulty of travel, unable to get a first vaccination in the countries he was in during that time, start of wife's illness. Thanks again for a detailed response of your experience.
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

jeba wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:25 pm Just out of curiosity: For how long can you leave Cyprus without your MEU3 getting void?
5 years is the MEU3 limit to be out of the Republic.
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.